Winter wheeling in Moab?

I'm planning a ski trip to CO from Los Angeles towards the end of February, and figured I might as well stop by Moab. I've never visited Moab before and only have time for 1 trail, and ideally would like to check out Top of the World before we make our way to Breckenridge. I know there might be ice on the trails depending on the weather, but is it worth trying in the winter? I am in a JKUR with 37's plus steering, axle and brake upgrades, so I'm not concerned about having a capable enough rig. Also, any other tips while I'm staying there? I'm only going to be there for a night then trying wheeling in the morning.

I'm planning a ski trip to CO from Los Angeles towards the end of February, and figured I might as well stop by Moab. I've never visited Moab before and only have time for 1 trail, and ideally would like to check out Top of the World before we make our way to Breckenridge. I know there might be ice on the trails depending on the weather, but is it worth trying in the winter? I am in a JKUR with 37's plus steering, axle and brake upgrades, so I'm not concerned about having a capable enough rig. Also, any other tips while I'm staying there? I'm only going to be there for a night then trying wheeling in the morning.

End of February you’re on the downside of the weather so you may have a good shot and running a dry trail. If so, Top of the world is a must do. It is a long trail. So if you’re wanting a quick morning run before heading to ski that is NOT the trail you want to run. There are others that are just as amazing and quite a big shorter. I’m in Salt Lake City, 3.5 hours away. I could make a day trip to meet you down there if you’d like someone to go with. Keep us posted. PM me here if you’d like.

End of February you’re on the downside of the weather so you may have a good shot and running a dry trail. If so, Top of the world is a must do. It is a long trail. So if you’re wanting a quick morning run before heading to ski that is NOT the trail you want to run. There are others that are just as amazing and quite a big shorter. I’m in Salt Lake City, 3.5 hours away. I could make a day trip to meet you down there if you’d like someone to go with. Keep us posted. PM me here if you’d like.

Awesome, thanks. I’ll keep you posted. I’ve always seen amazing shots from that trail, hence why it’s first on the list. I wasn’t planning on skiing that same day. I was aiming to be able to check into the hotel later that evening and be able to relax.

Awesome, thanks. I’ll keep you posted. I’ve always seen amazing shots from that trail, hence why it’s first on the list. I wasn’t planning on skiing that same day. I was aiming to be able to check into the hotel later that evening and be able to relax.

If that’s the case then there should be plenty of time for Top of the world. It’s certainly worth taking the extra time no doubt.

Top Bottom