Every light on the dash

The BAD Influence

I had to remove the front bumper to fix a stupid little plastic bracket which broke when I hit a deer. In the process I had to unwire the winch and lights. Every thing went back the same way it came off. In the process I added a couple LED rock lights (lights on the bumper and rock lights have an inline fuse). After each step, I cycled the key on, without starting the Jeep, to check each light worked. I must have done this a dozen times. Went to go for a drive and every light on the dash is on, and it's in hill descent mode.
Before I completely disconnect everything I just wired I'm wondering if I did something by cycling the key on without starting it so many times?

The BAD Influence

I tried disconnecting the battery. Then I tried connecting the battery cables together. Then I disconnected all the lights and winch. Nothing changed. Can't figure out what to try next.

jeeeep

Hooked
sounds like you have a wire ground that shouldn't be a ground.

I'd start with the LED rock lights, pull the fuse and see if that clears the dash.

Do you have a way to pull and clear DTC codes?

The BAD Influence

O'Reilly's let me bring their scan tool to the house. These are the codes. I've taken every after market item that had electrical hook up out. Can't find any wiring harness, connection or ground out of place.

Attachments

• IMG_20181231_103652.jpg
    IMG_20181231_103652.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_20181231_103645.jpg
    IMG_20181231_103645.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_20181231_140940.jpg
    IMG_20181231_140940.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 109

The BAD Influence

Those just look like confused Jeep codes. Clear them I doubt they come back. What’s your battery charge at?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Not sure of the battery charge, but it'll start right up. I had the battery cables disconnected over night, would that clear the codes? Because as soon as I started it this morning all the same problems were still there.

The BAD Influence

Update

Integrated Power module is fried.
Note to self, and reminder for others: Disconnect the battery before doing any wiring, no matter how simple the job may be.

Benito

Caught the Bug
Integrated Power module is fried.
Note to self, and reminder for others: Disconnect the battery before doing any wiring, no matter how simple the job may be.

That may be true but you still need to find out what fried the TIPM, if not it will happen again

Top Bottom