Hello From Montana!

picketpin

Just joined, because I just discovered the Site.. Its a good one for sure. I started my jeep life very young as I watched my Dad work to all hours of the night filling holes, adding a chevy II 4 cyl , Hudson steering dual rear inner fender tanks... to his CJ3A... my first love a '71 commando , I got her as I went into my senior year of high school. I broke re-built and re broke almost every bit of driveline … twice... Rewired some of the funky monkey factory wiring, drove her for 10 years, some of my most memorable years of wheeling, fishing trips and hunting in the Colorado Rockies.. I did a lot of performance stuff, Holley 4 bbl, Offenhauser manifold, advance adapter headers, crane cam, adjustable pushrods, then I really started breaking stuff. Any way here are a few old pics, pics of old pics..
commando.jpg commando3.jpg commando2.jpg

Now 30+ years later a few Ford Rangers, an Isuzu trooper, full-size Bronco, and a Tacoma, and I'm back to the beginning.. I had my Dad look at Craigslist listings in Denver for me and found a no rust 2000 wrangler Sahara with 200k miles on it...I made the trip down and she's a good one.. So far I have replaced or rebuilt everything north and south of the transmission... Still running strong with all those miles, Yikes... Need to really get out and explore Montana with her next summer... Here she is..

IMG_4196.jpg IMG_4697.jpg IMG_4720.jpg

Sorry I tried rotating that last one a bunch of different ways, just wasn't having it..

So There's my Wave to you all! And Eddie if you are still having issues with that hesitation off the line with your commando I have an wag idea why..

Jsouder53

Hooked
It would be great to get out with you as things thaw, -9 currently, a frosty Happy New Year to you and all at WAL

Sounds great! I was just up at Big Sky for New Years and my weather app showed this [emoji51] Image1546332124.980830.jpg Happy New Years to you as well!

Top Bottom