Drop Pitman arm or OEM

LoPo

Caught the Bug
I've been trying to figure out if the original owner of my 2007 Jeep installed a drop pitman arm or not as part of the old skycrapper kit that was on it as I've been trying to figure out some bump steer and flightiness. My castor angle is right at 4-5° but my draglink and trackbar aren't as parallel as I'd imagine they need to be.

I measured from the bottom of the sector shaft side to the bottom end of the drag link side and it was approximately 4". Can anyone confirm for me what that length between those locations is on their OEM pitman arm?

Thanks!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you never replaced it after installing your new lift, you most likely still have a dropped pitman arm - at 4" of drop, that definitely sounds to me like you still have one anyway.

LoPo

Caught the Bug
If you never replaced it after installing your new lift, you most likely still have a dropped pitman arm - at 4" of drop, that definitely sounds to me like you still have one anyway.

Yeah I didn't replace it with the new lift. Thanks for the confirm, looks like I'll be picking up an OEM one. :thumb:

Top Bottom