Fine dust in air intake tube

Zeus

Hi guys

Did lots of gravel road over December lots of dust.

I have AEV snorkel with stock air filter all sealed properly.

I took off the intake tube between the air box and throttle body and noticed there is some fine dust in it but not a lot you have to shine a flash light in there to see it.

Is this normal or not?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BaddestCross

Hi guys

Did lots of gravel road over December lots of dust.

I have AEV snorkel with stock air filter all sealed properly.

I took off the intake tube between the air box and throttle body and noticed there is some fine dust in it but not a lot you have to shine a flash light in there to see it.

Is this normal or not?

Thanks in advance

Pretty normal. Does the snorkel have a pre-filter?

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Zeus

I see they do have them available but not sure if I like the look, if the little bit of dust in the tube is normal I can live with it.

wjtstudios

Hooked
The standard head on the snorkel does nothing for dust. The pre-filter spins at a high RPM to clean the air of most dust. I’ve never had any residual dust get past my filter. I’ve run both a K&N and moose filters behind it, and they both stay very clean for a year plus.

I agree, they don’t look the best. But the truly do work. Since you already have the AEV snorkel, it’s an additional $135 for the filter.

P1150296.JPG

After running it for 4 years, and I wouldn’t doing anything but run it. The only issue is that you got to watch out for branches.

Zeus

Thanks, will get pricing here in SA it is starting to look like a good option for our dusty trails.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I’d like to hear if you put the pre filter on and notice a difference.

Finally had a chance to pull my intake a take a couple pictures. This is four, almost 5 years this spring, of running an AEV snorkel with a pre filter and a K&N filter. I run a lot of dirt roads all summer which are terrible as far as dust is concerned and Drummond turns into a dust bowl for us every year up there unless we get lucky like last year and had a bit of rain.

IMG_0260.jpg IMG_0259.jpg

Almost 0 dust. The lid looks basically new and the tube is completely clean. There’s a bit of oil from the K&N in the tube. I try to clean and oil the filter once or twice a year. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
That is really clean, but I have no interest in a snorkel. I just ordered a AFe intake. I’ll see how it works out.

That is really clean, but I have no interest in a snorkel.

Same here. I’m still considering AEV though. Let me know how yours works out. You’ll be the one to definitely give it a test flogging the shit out of it like the other two motors you blew up. lol

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Same here. I’m still considering AEV though. Let me know how yours works out. You’ll be the one to definitely give it a test flogging the shit out of it like the other two motors you blew up. lol

Thanks I think ?? 😂😊.

No offense to the east coast guys but they don’t see the dirt we do.

Thanks I think ?? [emoji23][emoji4].

lol

I keep telling myself to just do it and get a snorkel. But I know I probably won’t.
I just can’t get behind buying more stuff for this Jeep when I’m half assed tossing the idea around of a JL or Gladiator.

Top Bottom