Hinrichs 3.0......Autumn the XJ

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
After kind of searching on and off for a few months now, never really being able to find what I wanted for a good price (wow people think rusted out TJ/YJ/XJ prices should be worth) I finally found one. I had a few good leads that would always end the same way. Send some messages, get really interested, then the person disappears. Then comes the XJ that I thought would have been sold in a day.

I messaged the girl selling it, well it was actually a package deal for 2 ( I didnt want or need the parts one) and I went out on date night to go check it out. She wouldnt be there but her dad met me and was very nice explaining everything and showing it the best he could in the dark. Glad I brought along my headlamp. I was thinking oh this wont happen because she doesnt live at home anymore, the jeeps are at her parents house and the title was in her name. Planned on actually picking the jeep up tonight but got lucky and she called me yesterday saying she got done with work early and we could hit the notary before it closed. $600 later plus some transfer fees I was on my way home with the jeep on the trailer.

Enough of the story, here is the new project......94 XJ 2 door 4.0L 5 speed. From what I can tell so far, it has a teraflex front leveling kit spacers, and thats about it. Not sure if anything was done to the rear. Looks like a homemade front winch bumper (its super thick and prolly heavier than a 1/4 pounder). No carpet since the floors were patched, and it has new rockers welded on. Her plan was to build it into a trail rig but she had 2 other jeeps/trucks that she wanted to finish first. It runs and drives, and is inspected till 10/19 so it cant be that bad right? Only main issues I can find so far

1. Front diff is leaking from the pinion seal
2. Wiring inside is a little cut up (dash lights are always on when connected properly, dome light etc)
3. Dad said wheel bearings are going

IMG_3983.jpg
IMG_3984.jpg
IMG_3985.jpg
IMG_3987.jpg
IMG_3988.jpg

And the best sticker that I won’t be pulling off cuz it’s too funny....

IMG_3990.jpg

Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked
Nice find Jim! And it even came with dual tree air fresheners! :thumb: Now hurry and get that thing done for this Summer!!!

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Thanks everyone ! I am coming up with a game plan and I will update with that after I do a lot of research. I am so glad of all the things I didnt keep off my JK that I could have used :rolleyes2:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Potato shift knob....I mean rock shift knob that I got as a present for my first Jeep but was the wrong bolt pattern. Finally able to use it.

IMG_3992.jpg

Also wired the blower motor switch better, always on high but that’s fine. And got the gauge cluster to light up and turn off. Gonna order some led bulbs for that I think since it’s always on at the moment when the key is on.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Potato shift knob....I mean rock shift knob that I got as a present for my first Jeep but was the wrong bolt pattern. Finally able to use it.

View attachment 318433

Also wired the blower motor switch better, always on high but that’s fine. And got the gauge cluster to light up and turn off. Gonna order some led bulbs for that I think since it’s always on at the moment when the key is on.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

You going LCOG with flares or what lift you thinking?

Top Bottom