Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: What is the best riding coil springs?? I currently have 4” skyjacker and they are tra

  1. #11
    Nothing but a Thing Bear_JKU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    1,268
    I only ran a Rubicon Express lift on my TJ. Back then I felt they were the company to go with. They had a decent ride quality but were on the firm side.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  2. #12
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    50,613
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear_JKU View Post
    I only ran a Rubicon Express lift on my TJ. Back then I felt they were the company to go with. They had a decent ride quality but were on the firm side.
    I ran a Rubicon Express 3.5" lift on my TJ as well back in the day but with short arms. For what it was, I thought the ride was decent as well and I really had no complaints. I think the real game changer for me was when I upgraded to a Full Traction long arm kit. That totally changed my ride quality especially for daily driving. I would recommend their kit if not for the fact that their customer service has really gone down in recent years.

  3. #13
    Nothing but a Thing Bear_JKU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    1,268
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    I ran a Rubicon Express 3.5" lift on my TJ as well back in the day but with short arms. For what it was, I thought the ride was decent as well and I really had no complaints. I think the real game changer for me was when I upgraded to a Full Traction long arm kit. That totally changed my ride quality especially for daily driving. I would recommend their kit if not for the fact that their customer service has really gone down in recent years.
    I agree. I was on a 4.5” short arm. Long arm at that height is really the better option for the TJ. Damn Eddie, Rubicon Express and Full Traction is sure a throwback.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  4. #14
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    50,613
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear_JKU View Post
    I agree. I was on a 4.5” short arm. Long arm at that height is really the better option for the TJ. Damn Eddie, Rubicon Express and Full Traction is sure a throwback.
    LOL - just a reminder of how old I really am

  5. #15
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Or if it doesn't break and leave you stranded. Or if they blame the customer for their poor manufacturing and quality control. But, yeah, other than that, there's nothing wrong with Teraflex.
    True that. Our personal experiences with a brand will determine what we purchase, recommend, and chirp online about.
    I've broke really darn expensive jeep parts and low end parts. But leave me stranded once and I'm done with a particular brand. But that depends on customer service.
    Customer service is number 1 in this online world we live in.
    People will stop buying crap and businesses will die off if QC is not kept in check.
    If companies resource junk from questionable countries or suppliers, a business will die off.
    I think with everyone having online access to reviews and experiences these companies would be wise to get it right or fold.
    Adversely, if I saw a Currie ProRock 9" axle explode on a jeep run, it wouldn't be fair to say Currie is junk next week on a forum.

  6. #16
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Pa
    Posts
    2
    I run 2.5" old man emu. $$$$$ but worth it. Rides great!

    DPG off road is a good resource. Talk to him before buying.

  7. #17
    Nothing but a Thing Clifford33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,370
    I have 2.5” rubicon lit right now with 35s and it’s not terrible but I do prefer a softer ride and will be moving to 37s when the time comes. I’m going to install Evo plush rides I would give them a shot.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  8. #18
    Hooked sm31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Eagle River, AK
    Posts
    219
    Quote Originally Posted by 98teejay View Post
    I run 2.5" old man emu. $$$$$ but worth it. Rides great!

    DPG off road is a good resource. Talk to him before buying.
    Exactly what he said... all of it. I bought the same thing from the same source, with the same results. I think my TJ had the best ride quality of any I have been in.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Should I get Skyjacker lift springs
    By KeroJK in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-24-2018, 09:55 PM
  2. Coil springs
    By JKbrick in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-20-2016, 07:26 PM
  3. Coil over springs
    By Heavyhaul07 in forum Wanted (Active Members ONLY)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-19-2016, 03:35 AM
  4. Soft riding 2-2.5" Springs and soft shocks upgrade??
    By AllAmericanInfidel in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-25-2014, 11:45 PM
  5. Coil springs
    By TJ KID in forum Jeep TJ & YJ Wrangler
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-08-2013, 05:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS