Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is the best riding coil springs?? I currently have 4” skyjacker and they are tra

I only ran a Rubicon Express lift on my TJ. Back then I felt they were the company to go with. They had a decent ride quality but were on the firm side.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Bear_JKU View Post
    I only ran a Rubicon Express lift on my TJ. Back then I felt they were the company to go with. They had a decent ride quality but were on the firm side.
    I ran a Rubicon Express 3.5" lift on my TJ as well back in the day but with short arms. For what it was, I thought the ride was decent as well and I really had no complaints. I think the real game changer for me was when I upgraded to a Full Traction long arm kit. That totally changed my ride quality especially for daily driving. I would recommend their kit if not for the fact that their customer service has really gone down in recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    I ran a Rubicon Express 3.5" lift on my TJ as well back in the day but with short arms. For what it was, I thought the ride was decent as well and I really had no complaints. I think the real game changer for me was when I upgraded to a Full Traction long arm kit. That totally changed my ride quality especially for daily driving. I would recommend their kit if not for the fact that their customer service has really gone down in recent years.
    I agree. I was on a 4.5” short arm. Long arm at that height is really the better option for the TJ. Damn Eddie, Rubicon Express and Full Traction is sure a throwback.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear_JKU View Post
    I agree. I was on a 4.5” short arm. Long arm at that height is really the better option for the TJ. Damn Eddie, Rubicon Express and Full Traction is sure a throwback.
    LOL - just a reminder of how old I really am

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Or if it doesn't break and leave you stranded. Or if they blame the customer for their poor manufacturing and quality control. But, yeah, other than that, there's nothing wrong with Teraflex.
    True that. Our personal experiences with a brand will determine what we purchase, recommend, and chirp online about.
    I've broke really darn expensive jeep parts and low end parts. But leave me stranded once and I'm done with a particular brand. But that depends on customer service.
    Customer service is number 1 in this online world we live in.
    People will stop buying crap and businesses will die off if QC is not kept in check.
    If companies resource junk from questionable countries or suppliers, a business will die off.
    I think with everyone having online access to reviews and experiences these companies would be wise to get it right or fold.
    Adversely, if I saw a Currie ProRock 9" axle explode on a jeep run, it wouldn't be fair to say Currie is junk next week on a forum.

Fresh Catch
    I run 2.5" old man emu. $$$$$ but worth it. Rides great!

DPG off road is a good resource. Talk to him before buying.

I have 2.5” rubicon lit right now with 35s and it’s not terrible but I do prefer a softer ride and will be moving to 37s when the time comes. I’m going to install Evo plush rides I would give them a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by 98teejay View Post
    I run 2.5" old man emu. $$$$$ but worth it. Rides great!

DPG off road is a good resource. Talk to him before buying.
    Exactly what he said... all of it. I bought the same thing from the same source, with the same results. I think my TJ had the best ride quality of any I have been in.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12