What is the best riding coil springs?? I currently have 4” skyjacker and they are tra

dustinfromohio

My 3” zone coils ride decent, better than the RK lift I had on my last TJ. OME/Currie both have excellent reputations for ride quality but I can’t speak personally. Tires/shocks/suspension geometry all have big rolls on ride quality in my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
A good friend of mine runs Old Man Emu and very happy with the ride. He runs the 2.5” with rancho 9000s, 35s and high clearance OEM fenders on a LJ. Nice ride overall

Depends on what you do with it.

I have been running the SkyJacker 4" springs for about three years now. I wanted them because they are soft. Very soft, but it's no daily driver. It's a Trail rig. It flexes very well. A bit too loose for the street but I run the stock stabilizer in the rear and Curries AntiRock set to max resistance in front on the street. On trail runs it's a flexing machine.
If it were a daily driver I'd gone much stiffer.

I may get laughed out of here but, my buddy has some teraflex springs on his TJ and I think it rides pretty nice.

Beautiful Jeep BTW.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nothing wrong with TeraFlex if it does what you need it to. Or SkyJacker. Or even ProComp.

I've got Teraflex, SkyJacker, Currie, Rokmen, Brown Dog, ProComp, Tom Woods, Rancho, Fox, Walker Evan's, RCV axles, UCF, RockHard, Evolution, and others I can't remember on my Jeeps. I like them all but I pick and choose to my needs.

If it does what you needed it to and works well, then it's good to go.
There ain't no dress to impress when it's all about getting thru it.

WJCO

Meme King
Nothing wrong with TeraFlex if it does what you need it to.

Or if it doesn't break and leave you stranded. Or if they blame the customer for their poor manufacturing and quality control. But, yeah, other than that, there's nothing wrong with Teraflex.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As I always say, ride quality is 100% subjective. What kind of ride do you prefer? Soft or on the firm side? Also, At 4" of lift, is it safe to assume you're riding on a long arm kit?

Bear_JT

Hooked
I only ran a Rubicon Express lift on my TJ. Back then I felt they were the company to go with. They had a decent ride quality but were on the firm side.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I only ran a Rubicon Express lift on my TJ. Back then I felt they were the company to go with. They had a decent ride quality but were on the firm side.

I ran a Rubicon Express 3.5" lift on my TJ as well back in the day but with short arms. For what it was, I thought the ride was decent as well and I really had no complaints. I think the real game changer for me was when I upgraded to a Full Traction long arm kit. That totally changed my ride quality especially for daily driving. I would recommend their kit if not for the fact that their customer service has really gone down in recent years.

Bear_JT

Hooked
I ran a Rubicon Express 3.5" lift on my TJ as well back in the day but with short arms. For what it was, I thought the ride was decent as well and I really had no complaints. I think the real game changer for me was when I upgraded to a Full Traction long arm kit. That totally changed my ride quality especially for daily driving. I would recommend their kit if not for the fact that their customer service has really gone down in recent years.

I agree. I was on a 4.5” short arm. Long arm at that height is really the better option for the TJ. Damn Eddie, Rubicon Express and Full Traction is sure a throwback.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I agree. I was on a 4.5” short arm. Long arm at that height is really the better option for the TJ. Damn Eddie, Rubicon Express and Full Traction is sure a throwback.

LOL - just a reminder of how old I really am :icon_crazy:

Or if it doesn't break and leave you stranded. Or if they blame the customer for their poor manufacturing and quality control. But, yeah, other than that, there's nothing wrong with Teraflex.

True that. Our personal experiences with a brand will determine what we purchase, recommend, and chirp online about.
I've broke really darn expensive jeep parts and low end parts. But leave me stranded once and I'm done with a particular brand. But that depends on customer service.
Customer service is number 1 in this online world we live in.
People will stop buying crap and businesses will die off if QC is not kept in check.
If companies resource junk from questionable countries or suppliers, a business will die off.
I think with everyone having online access to reviews and experiences these companies would be wise to get it right or fold.
Adversely, if I saw a Currie ProRock 9" axle explode on a jeep run, it wouldn't be fair to say Currie is junk next week on a forum.

98teejay

I run 2.5" old man emu. $$$$$ but worth it. Rides great!

DPG off road is a good resource. Talk to him before buying.

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
I have 2.5” rubicon lit right now with 35s and it’s not terrible but I do prefer a softer ride and will be moving to 37s when the time comes. I’m going to install Evo plush rides I would give them a shot.

sm31

I run 2.5" old man emu. $$$$$ but worth it. Rides great!

DPG off road is a good resource. Talk to him before buying.

Exactly what he said... all of it. I bought the same thing from the same source, with the same results. I think my TJ had the best ride quality of any I have been in. :)

Top Bottom