SMORR vs. Flat Nasty?

Tumbleweed

Hey Guys;

This April I am planning on meeting up with a couple from Ft. Worth, TX area. Halfway between Detroit, MI and FTW. 2-4 days worth of wheeling.

While we could move around some and that might be our best bet, I think we'd like to stay somewhere that has enough to keep us busy for a couple days or more.

We are thinking SMORR or Flat Nasty in Missouri. What are your thoughts of one or the other? Any others we should consider? Any places we should hit after the wheeling is through for the day? Unique restaurants?

Thanks for the help.

Jerry

Tumbleweed

Thanks,

2 of us have motorhomes with trailers. TX couple will need a cabin.

Is SMORR only open Fridays thru Sundays?
Is Flat Nasty for the 1st half of the week, then SMORR for later, a good plan?

I appreciate the help.
Jerry

metalic

Thanks,

2 of us have motorhomes with trailers. TX couple will need a cabin.

Is SMORR only open Fridays thru Sundays?
Is Flat Nasty for the 1st half of the week, then SMORR for later, a good plan?

I appreciate the help.
Jerry

Awesome plan
Flat nasty is a blast. We make 3 days out of it but hit some trails multiple times, different directions, etc. Some just because we like the trail. Camping is OK but no showers.

SMORR is a campground with an offroad park is how I like to put it. The camp and showerhouse is better than a lot of campgrounds. The wheeling is great there also and can easily make a few days there.

Sullivan

Smorr is much larger then flat nasty. A lot more trails at Smorr and better camping site.
You could do both as Smorr is only open Friday-Sunday. Depending on capabilities, Smorr can easily be a 3 day trip. I’ll be there in May.
Flat nasty is good but 2 days max for me. I can do most of the park in one day actually.
Otherwise hit up Hot Springs. Great park and it’s large enough to spend a good 3 days there.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

critter812

Since sounds like you guys are meeting in the middle why not just meet at Wind Rock in TN? That place can keep you busy for more than 4 days depending on skill level and they have great camping, cabins and even Hotels all on site or within 6 miles of the trails!

I've been to both and both are a good time. With that being said, SMORR is defiantly the better park. you can spend a whole day at SMORR and not run the same trail twice. Plus if you plan on camping that have clean showers / bathrooms.

Top Bottom