Discount tire out of 40” Nittos

Sullivan

So I purchased Certs for my 40” Nitto Trail Grapplers. Always hoping I will never have to use the cert insurance, but I have been talking to my local DT and they have informed me that there are zero tires available. I can not get a 40” Nitto from them at all. They have been on back order for over a year and they have no idea when they will be back in stock. They have checked the entire nation and their 3rd party companies they buy from as well.
Anyone have any input or idea on when or how this can be resolved?
I have 2 bad tires with punctures to the outside shoulder that aren’t repairable. And I want to buy a third one.
Kind of annoyed that they don’t have any anywhere. Not sure if I’m annoyed with Nitto or discount or both.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Benito

Caught the Bug
I don’t think they’ve been on backorder for over a year, I used certs on two 40s back in May and July I believe. And in 2017 they were out of stock and they had one shipped out from another company, according to the shipping label. I used DiscountTireDirect.com, maybe you could call them since you have the certificates and have them shipped directly to you?

Nespoli1

NITTO got bombarded with orders from Black Friday and most manufacturers take off for a few weeks during holidays. I have been waiting for my NITTOs since Black Friday and I still don’t have them. Don’t know when they are coming.

SDG

Caught the Bug
Strange... If they were on backorder for over a year, how did I get mine in 24 hrs?

20190107_184337.jpg

And why does their website say available in 3-5 days?
Screenshot_20190107-184624_Chrome.jpg

Sullivan

Look somewhere else besides discount?🤷*♂️ I’m able to get them about 3-4 times a year but they do go quick when they hit the beach.

I can get one from somewhere else but I’d be using my Certs to replace the other 2. Have to go thru discount to use that.

And their site says 3-5 but it’s not. I’ve been trying to get tires for quite a while now. They have even called Nitto and they have no time frame for when they will be in stock. This has been going on since April of 2016. So they have been out for almost a year.

Sullivan

Strange... If they were on backorder for over a year, how did I get mine in 24 hrs?

View attachment 318608

And why does their website say available in 3-5 days?
View attachment 318609

Just checked again and they show them “On order”. So not sure how you got them. Trust me, I’ve been trying.
Even called Nitto and they just say they have no date to give me.
They want me to call another supplier as well, but I am wanting to use the Certs I paid for.

Benito

Caught the Bug
I can get one from somewhere else but I’d be using my Certs to replace the other 2. Have to go thru discount to use that.

And their site says 3-5 but it’s not. I’ve been trying to get tires for quite a while now. They have even called Nitto and they have no time frame for when they will be in stock. This has been going on since April of 2016. So they have been out for almost a year.

Are you calling discount tire or talking to an asshat at one of their locations? Because like I said I received 2 replacements on certificates in 2018, and a friend of mine got a completely new set in March of 2018.

Benito

Caught the Bug

Are you calling discount tire or talking to an asshat at one of their locations? Because like I said I received 2 replacements on certificates in 2018, and a friend of mine got a completely new set in March of 2018.

Discount Tire

Hi, Sullivan-

First and foremost, thank you for choosing Discount Tire! We know there are a lot of options in our industry, so thank you for your business - we greatly appreciate it!

Second, I'm sorry to hear about the double road hazards. This is frustrating in and of itself but not being able to replace the tires is equally as frustrating. The good news is that you do have some options,

PM coming your way!

Top Bottom