Miles Per Tank - LS vs. 3.6L

bhaner

Just finishing up my first tank of fuel since my build made it on the road.

So far the light isn't on and I have about 215 miles on it. I figure that isn't bad for what it is.

6600#, 40's, 5.38 gears, 60/80 combo.

My plans include an upgrade to a L86/8L90.

I hear that most get a little better mileage after the swap. Just looking for some real world info.

The MPG really doesn't concern me as much as the miles per tank. Trying to figure out how much fuel I would need to pack for a 200 mile offroad trip.

How many miles can you go offroad?

Exodus 4x4

Ignore what your read on the internet about LS swapped Jeeps and mileage.

Pack as much fuel as you can for on your Jeep for a 200 mile off-road trip.

Wait 2 more years for a V8 if you’re wanting the GenV.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

dillard09

For me with the LS I get about 200-225 on a tank depending on how I drive. But I know for sure the SPG went way up! 😁😁😁

bhaner

The GenV swaps are relatively new when compared to the GenIV. Unless you live in Vegas and can run down the street to fix issues when they come up, I wouldn’t recommend doing it.

Interesting... I had a few conversations with a shop in Vegas and that was part of the reason I was really interested in the GenV. LT1 and L86 with the 8L90 were at the top of my list.

I have helped with a few other swaps (GenIV) and ended up with a laptop and the same software they use. Figured that would help with remote trouble shooting.

Last edited:

Exodus 4x4

I would be interested to hear what sort of issues you have been seeing.

Nothing has been set in stone yet. Just gathering info at this point.

You know how it is on the internet. Sometimes you never get the whole story...

I’ll be back at the shop next week. You can call me then if you want more info.

SLO

Is it a daily driver? Motech has enough GenV swaps out there that I’d not worry too much. You are in Washington so not the most difficult thing to get down there. There is a chance you are going to have issues come up with either kit...just part of the game. Not disagreeing with Bubba, just wouldn’t let it deter me from going GenIV vs GenV if I’m willing to take the chances of a Vegas trip or working with Motech over the phone. I kinda wish I would have done a L86 instead of the L96. We have a 2016 Escalade and i love the way that thing drives.

Exodus 4x4

Is it a daily driver? Motech has enough GenV swaps out there that I’d not worry too much. You are in Washington so not the most difficult thing to get down there. There is a chance you are going to have issues come up with either kit...just part of the game. Not disagreeing with Bubba, just wouldn’t let it deter me from going GenIV vs GenV if I’m willing to take the chances of a Vegas trip or working with Motech over the phone. I kinda wish I would have done a L86 instead of the L96. We have a 2016 Escalade and i love the way that thing drives.

Done a lot of swaps?

Top Bottom