wire extra high beam lights

Hi

I´m going to install a pair of extra led lights on the front bumper. They take 48 w each. I want them to go on when high beam is selected so they are going to function as extra high beams simultaneously as stock high beam.

edit: I wrote to much confusing shit so try again,

For what I´ve understood it is not a clean DC current to the low or high beam bulbs. It is some puls dc.

So, I would like to use the high beam "signal" at the h4 bulb to operate a relay to light up my extra lights. Since it is not a clean DC current, will the relay buzz and burn up prematurely?

Also, when the coil in the relay colapse, will that give a "back" voltage into the OEM wiring and confuse the system? On old cars things like this was a no brainer but with all the computer stuff I´m not sure about this.

Also, is there not a high beam low beam relay in the OEM wiring or is it operated via solid state transistors or what?

Anyone who knows a good write up? searched but cannot find.

thanks

Last edited:

Tree Frog

I will try to help,
I used 2 relays and tapped the wire to my high beam lights.
One relay feeds power to the A pillar Pods and One relay feeds power to a lightbar.
They are wired up to a switch also.

So I can have low beam/ high beam as normal, or I can flip the switch and have high beam with the A pillar pods and the light bar all on at once.

Note that with the switch on, I can flash everything by pulling back on the turn signals. (Handy for the, get out of my way dumbass flash)

All seems to be holding up well. I have had the hood open and the high beams on to feel the wires for heat and there is no buzzing sound.

Good luck with your project.

Top Bottom