Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Drain Holes on KMC XD Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by trailraider View Post
    Don't be so hard on the guy. with how KMC balance in the first place, this may help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    Quite a few guys don't even balance theirs.
    This ^^^^ You won't find a single weight on any of my KMC XD231's. The Chamber Pro II's that Moby is running has nothing out of the norm in terms of weights.

Knows a Thing or Two trailraider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    This ^^^^ You won't find a single weight on any of my KMC XD231's. The Chamber Pro II's that Moby is running has nothing out of the norm in terms of weights.
    I was trying to be facetious, but my keyboarding doesn't convey it as well as my inside voice sounds when typing.
    Jeep- Adult version of lego

Been Around the Block Rubicon310's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    As Iíve never run 37ís or BeadLocks, do you just not balance them? You mentioned no weights? What about those bead sacks that go inside?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Drain Holes on KMC XD Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon310 View Post
    As Iíve never run 37ís or BeadLocks, do you just not balance them? You mentioned no weights? What about those bead sacks that go inside?

I balanced mine. I donít know why large tires on beadlocks would be different from any other tire/wheel combo. Some shops canít or wonít touch them, but if you find a shop that will do it, why not?

Ouch

Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    I balanced mine. I donít know why large tires on beadlocks would be different from any other tire/wheel combo. Some shops canít or wonít touch them, but if you find a shop that will do it, why not?

I didn't balance mine, I run 35 Toyo MT's. I didn't notice any issues and have 50,000 km with no wear issues. Any that we do balance we typically road force for them. If I had issues when I first ran them I would have probably balanced them.

I think a lot of shops have the conception the bigger the tire the more weight they will need. We have had some that were a bitch to balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon310 View Post
    What about those bead sacks that go inside?
    The best way to install those bags of beads is to go to a really high hill and throw the fuckers over it. All 4 of them They don't work. At all.

I couldn't find a shop to balance my Chamber Pros/Cooper STT's when I installed them 3 years ago. No one would touch them. Hoinestly, until they got about 25-30k miles on them they were fine. As they wore they started to give me some vibrations above 70 so I tried the bags. Total waste of time. Did absolutely nothing. I ended up shop vacuuming them out after I found a shop that would balance them for me. The only imbalance those damn things help with is felt between the ears.

Been Around the Block Steve Williams's Avatar
    The best way to install those bags of beads is to go to a really high hill and throw the fuckers over it. All 4 of them They don't work. At all.
    :
    My coffee came out of my nose, I was laughing so hard. Discount will balance your 37s and beadlocks for $25 a tire. They wonít touch the mounting. I just had my XD s and SST pros done. All the wheels took less than 5 oz to balance, I thought that was pretty good given the weight of the tires.
    Iím not sure why anyone would drill holes in a perfectly good new wheel, Iíd get sick at my stomach. No thanks.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

I couldn't find a shop to balance my Chamber Pros/Cooper STT's when I installed them 3 years ago. No one would touch them. Hoinestly, until they got about 25-30k miles on them they were fine. As they wore they started to give me some vibrations above 70 so I tried the bags. Total waste of time. Did absolutely nothing. I ended up shop vacuuming them out after I found a shop that would balance them for me. The only imbalance those damn things help with is felt between the ears.

We had a truck show up one time with vibration issues. spun the wheels up and didn't matter what we did we could not get to balance, checked after putting on the weights and was out every time. turned out it had beads in it, still all in the bag they came in.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Williams View Post
    Iím not sure why anyone would drill holes in a perfectly good new wheel, Iíd get sick at my stomach. No thanks.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    It's like cutting frame brackets to install long arm. was nervous until the first cut , after that it's like "WTF no turning back now".

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast