Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Drain Holes on KMC XD Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by jeeeep View Post
    will be interested to see how it all turns out.

personally, that's more patience and time than i've got and would just order the XD229 rings.

Speaking of, I almost bought XD229 rings for my Chamber Pros II's because i got OCD during day after day of rain and not being able to keep it out of the wheel.

The cost of XD229 rings only made the cost of buying a new set of wheels reasonable so i bought new wheels
    I also priced the rings when they first came out but figured out later they wouldn't work with the Chamber Pros - they don't have the notches in the inner rim that would allow the water to drain out like the Machetes do....

2E7F4DD1-CCC5-4A70-9527-F92A796C2588.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    I also priced the rings when they first came out but figured out later they wouldn't work with the Chamber Pros - they don't have the notches in the inner rim that would allow the water to drain out like the Machetes do....
    Yeah, if it was that easy I would have saved myself a lot of time.

Do you remember how much the rings were?

Quote Originally Posted by SLO View Post
    Yeah, if it was that easy I would have saved myself a lot of time.

Do you remember how much the rings were?
    They were at least, if not more than $100 at that time. That alone banished that idea. I know we all buy dumb shit from time to time, but for me that was a little excessive for something that was cosmetic.

2E7F4DD1-CCC5-4A70-9527-F92A796C2588.jpg
    didn't think to look for that, good I didn't buy rings only, I would've been pissed...

my dumbshit buys pile is already too big

They were at least, if not more than $100 at that time. That alone banished that idea. I know we all buy dumb shit from time to time, but for me that was a little excessive for something that was cosmetic.
    I got a quote at $200/ring

Quote Originally Posted by jeeeep View Post
    I got a quote at $200/ring
    Iím going to just have OMF Performance make me some. They are around $150 each and I can pretty much do whatever I want. They can do any thickness, width, drain holes, recessed bolts, engravings, etc. I donít remember if I mentioned but part of the reason I started this whole thing was to have custom rings made. I wanted something unique.

Iím guessing I can sell my original rings to someone to recoup some of the cost.

Been Around the Block Seahawkfan's Avatar
    Iím going to just have OMF Performance make me some. They are around $150 each and I can pretty much do whatever I want. They can do any thickness, width, drain holes, recessed bolts, engravings, etc. I donít remember if I mentioned but part of the reason I started this whole thing was to have custom rings made. I wanted something unique.

Iím guessing I can sell my original rings to someone to recoup some of the cost.
    If unique is what you are going for. You win.

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkfan View Post
    If unique is what you are going for. You win.
    Just wait until my drain holes are cutout in the shape of the Seahawks logo. Then you will covet my wheels! 🤣

Honestly I'm not sure why so much focus is being out on drain holes. Yes if it sits and drys there it'll leave a ring but simply dry it or blow it out when you get home.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Just wait until my drain holes are cutout in the shape of the Seahawks logo. Then you will covet my wheels! 🤣

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast