Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rebuilt LS or Crate?

Caught the Bug
    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus Jeeps View Post
    Funny, I just built a 6.2 with an LS9 cam. It’s pretty amazing even with the SC. 501/477 on the dyno. This is pretty much why I tell most people to save their money on a crate LS3. The truck engines with the larger intakes produce better low end torque which is what you’ll need in the Jeep.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Good to know, I can always slap a vette cover on it...no one will know

I ended up doing a new crate L94 only because I got a good deal on it. It was only about $800 more than the pull outs I was looking at. Otherwise, I would have gone with a used engine. I would definitely go through a reputable shop near you. If Exodus is close, I would talk to Bubba and seriously consider them.

Been Around the Block Bierpower's Avatar
    I went with an L92 pull out only because I got it for stupid cheap. I pulled it apart, checked the bottom end and rebuilt the top end just for piece of mind.

Sent from my SM-P550 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Caught the Bug
    Quote Originally Posted by SLO View Post
    I ended up doing a new crate L94 only because I got a good deal on it. It was only about $800 more than the pull outs I was looking at. Otherwise, I would have gone with a used engine. I would definitely go through a reputable shop near you. If Exodus is close, I would talk to Bubba and seriously consider them.

Exodus is in the running...my buddy JJ just had his swap done by them. I like that I can put half down and finance the rest just a little further away than I really want. I may have to get over the distance though

Quote Originally Posted by TxCrushinJKUR View Post
    Exodus is in the running...my buddy JJ just had his swap done by them. I like that I can put half down and finance the rest just a little further away than I really want. I may have to get over the distance though
    Yep. We just wrapped up the cam swap in his and the brake booster upgrade. It was unfortunate because we tried a new cam in his that had unbelievable torque but horrible mileage. Now with the LS9 cam he’ll have great power and mileage for such an awesome rig.

Caught the Bug
    Yep. We just wrapped up the cam swap in his and the brake booster upgrade. It was unfortunate because we tried a new cam in his that had unbelievable torque but horrible mileage. Now with the LS9 cam he’ll have great power and mileage for such an awesome rig.

We work for the same City so he's gonna let me check it out next time he drives it in. His Jeep is very nicely done I agree

SPG were way up but...
    I dont mind 8-10 MPG but like being able to go from potty break to potty break instead of gas stop to gas stop. Need bigger tank for that.
    #fuelcell. #drivenottow
    '08 JKUR 6.0LS, 6L80
    EVO DTD, Evolever w/ Hi Clearance long arms
    40x13.50R17 Nitto TGs w/ KMC Machettes
    Dana 60, Sterling 10.5
    EVO stuff
    Evo Pro & Warn Zeon
    Evo Tire Carrier

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12