Thread: coolant

coolant

my JK well be due for a coolant change in the spring< I was hoping to get away from the OEM super secret special coolant that you cant mix and just go with normal anti freeze, any one else flush there cooling systems and use normal anti freeze ????

Quote Originally Posted by woof359 View Post
    my JK well be due for a coolant change in the spring< I was hoping to get away from the OEM super secret special coolant that you cant mix and just go with normal anti freeze, any one else flush there cooling systems and use normal anti freeze ????
    I would stick with OEM coolant. When it comes down to it it isn’t that much more expensive than an aftermarket coolant. Plus if you don’t do a complete flush and more of a drain and refill your only gonna need about 1 bottle.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

I flushed mine on my 2010 and have been using Prestone 50/50 yellow (OAT Formula) since 2011 no issues.

If you go this route, even though it indicates as compatible with Mopar OAT, I would do a complete flush.

Also, as mentioned - Mopar is not that much more. I did it for ease of refilling when needed.