Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: East coast Moab?

East coast Moab?

So my buddy and I are discussing a 7-9 day trip sometime mid/late summer this year. The plan is to take our two Jeeps, the girlfriends, the dogs, and my daughter for a week of mild trail riding, sight seeing, hiking and camping mixed in with some local eats and breweries. Utah or Colorado would be a dream destination but Iím wondering if there is anywhere closer to Ohio that would still be awesome but make the trip a little easier. Colorado is 20 hours and Utah is a full day plus. Preferably little to no mud, just easy trails and great scenery!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Knows a Thing or Two Mountainjk10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dustinfromohio View Post
    So my buddy and I are discussing a 7-9 day trip sometime mid/late summer this year. The plan is to take our two Jeeps, the girlfriends, the dogs, and my daughter for a week of mild trail riding, sight seeing, hiking and camping mixed in with some local eats and breweries. Utah or Colorado would be a dream destination but Iím wondering if there is anywhere closer to Ohio that would still be awesome but make the trip a little easier. Colorado is 20 hours and Utah is a full day plus. Preferably little to no mud, just easy trails and great scenery!

SMORR in Missouri...

Windrock

Drummond Island in August with about 15 of you Wayalife friends!

2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

You could lame out and stay around the Midwest or man up and go to Colorado and Utah! Just do it!

Windrock looks promising! Iíd love to head west, just not sure how my 5 year old would do being in a car that long.

Fresh Catch
    http://www.orvpark.com/

I haven't been to Hot Springs ORV park myself, but plenty of friends who have spent time there said it was an absolute blast. They took a trip last spring, and are already planning a trip back. 12 hours might be a longer drive than you are looking for....

And full disclosure, I know Arkansas isn't East Coast! I just mentioned it because I think of it as Midwest, and because Missouri was mentioned already!

-Cheers
    Last edited by Sundevil827; 01-11-2019 at 02:21 AM.

Nothing but a Thing Red Knight15's Avatar

Itís worth the road trip. We are planning on headed to Moab and Colorado mid July. Itís a 1750 mile one way from North Alabama, we did it 4 years ago. Best trip ever.

Knows a Thing or Two Mountainjk10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Knight15 View Post
    Itís worth the road trip. We are planning on headed to Moab and Colorado mid July. Itís a 1750 mile one way from North Alabama, we did it 4 years ago. Best trip ever.

The trip really is worth it and a fun drive. Iím heading out there in July too. Leaving on the 19th to Colorado to do the Alpine loop, then to Utah. Should be a great trip.

The Original Smartass piginajeep's Avatar

No, thereís nothing close. Other than a beach vacation on OBX, thatís why I moved out of that shithole of a state.
    2012 JK8
    1958 FC170 (Jeep Forward Control)
    1953 M38A1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast