East coast Moab?

dustinfromohio

So my buddy and I are discussing a 7-9 day trip sometime mid/late summer this year. The plan is to take our two Jeeps, the girlfriends, the dogs, and my daughter for a week of mild trail riding, sight seeing, hiking and camping mixed in with some local eats and breweries. Utah or Colorado would be a dream destination but I’m wondering if there is anywhere closer to Ohio that would still be awesome but make the trip a little easier. Colorado is 20 hours and Utah is a full day plus. Preferably little to no mud, just easy trails and great scenery!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
So my buddy and I are discussing a 7-9 day trip sometime mid/late summer this year. The plan is to take our two Jeeps, the girlfriends, the dogs, and my daughter for a week of mild trail riding, sight seeing, hiking and camping mixed in with some local eats and breweries. Utah or Colorado would be a dream destination but I’m wondering if there is anywhere closer to Ohio that would still be awesome but make the trip a little easier. Colorado is 20 hours and Utah is a full day plus. Preferably little to no mud, just easy trails and great scenery!

SMORR in Missouri...

Sundevil827

http://www.orvpark.com/

I haven't been to Hot Springs ORV park myself, but plenty of friends who have spent time there said it was an absolute blast. They took a trip last spring, and are already planning a trip back. 12 hours might be a longer drive than you are looking for....

And full disclosure, I know Arkansas isn't East Coast! I just mentioned it because I think of it as Midwest, and because Missouri was mentioned already!

-Cheers

Last edited:

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug

It’s worth the road trip. We are planning on headed to Moab and Colorado mid July. It’s a 1750 mile one way from North Alabama, we did it 4 years ago. Best trip ever.

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
It’s worth the road trip. We are planning on headed to Moab and Colorado mid July. It’s a 1750 mile one way from North Alabama, we did it 4 years ago. Best trip ever.

The trip really is worth it and a fun drive. I’m heading out there in July too. Leaving on the 19th to Colorado to do the Alpine loop, then to Utah. Should be a great trip.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

No, there’s nothing close. Other than a beach vacation on OBX, that’s why I moved out of that shithole of a state.

Bierpower

Hooked
North Carolina is great for hiking and sight seeing but not much for the jeep. We just drove my wifes cherokee with our 8 month old and two labs to florida and back from Colorado over Christmas. If you split the drive into two days it's not bad at all. You're never going to find anything remotely close to western jeep trails east of the Mississippi.

Sent from my SM-P550 using WAYALIFE mobile app

DaJudge

You could do northern Michigan but you would probably find some mud depending on weather.
But like others have said, just drive out here! My wife and I did it from Florida before we moved! It wasn't bad and we had a great time. We ended up moving out here two years later.

GreggNY

Just make the drive man. 20 hrs isn’t bad at all for that amount of time. I did it from NY last summer and it was 100% worth it. The only downside is that everywhere you previously thought was cool out East will absolutely suck after Colorado. Link to my pic post after the trip is below:

Colorado ruined me... pic heavy
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=54426

Last edited:

dustinfromohio

Just make the drive man. 20 hrs isn’t bad at all for that amount of time. I did it from NY last summer and it was 100% worth it. The only downside is that everywhere you previously thought was cool out East will absolutely suck after Colorado. Link to my pic post after the trip is below:

Colorado ruined me... pic heavy
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=54426

Your trip is exactly what I had in mind. Looks amazing, how many days total did you spend out there?

GreggNY

Your trip is exactly what I had in mind. Looks amazing, how many days total did you spend out there?

I spent 7 days based out of Telluride, and took one of those days to make a quick trip to Moab. I drove out solo so took my time and a few days each way making the 32+ hr drive on either end and my gf flew out to meet me for the week. If you have company or someone to share the driving and can push it there in a day, I’d definitely go even if only for a few days. If you can spend 5+, I’d do it in a heartbeat.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I live in PA and there really is nothing out here quite like Moab and the west coast. I did almost a 2 week trip to drive out to Moab, wheel with great friends (WAYALIFE, Overlanderjk, Trailjk, and many others) and have many laughs, the drive home. Well worth the money and time it took. Will do it again once I have the funds!!

Dale72

Hooked
I live in PA and there really is nothing out here quite like Moab and the west coast. I did almost a 2 week trip to drive out to Moab, wheel with great friends (WAYALIFE, Overlanderjk, Trailjk, and many others) and have many laughs, the drive home. Well worth the money and time it took. Will do it again once I have the funds!!
I will be doing that to when I have the funds to get my jeep a little more ready. The drive isn't that bad but I drive for a living

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
Man, there is nothing like an epic road trip...I have loved them all my life...and still do.

Go West, Young Man...you won't regret it.

Top Bottom