Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: East coast Moab?

Been Around the Block Bierpower's Avatar
    North Carolina is great for hiking and sight seeing but not much for the jeep. We just drove my wifes cherokee with our 8 month old and two labs to florida and back from Colorado over Christmas. If you split the drive into two days it's not bad at all. You're never going to find anything remotely close to western jeep trails east of the Mississippi.

Sent from my SM-P550 using WAYALIFE mobile app

You could do northern Michigan but you would probably find some mud depending on weather.
    But like others have said, just drive out here! My wife and I did it from Florida before we moved! It wasn't bad and we had a great time. We ended up moving out here two years later.

Caught the Bug

East coast Moab?

Just make the drive man. 20 hrs isnt bad at all for that amount of time. I did it from NY last summer and it was 100% worth it. The only downside is that everywhere you previously thought was cool out East will absolutely suck after Colorado. Link to my pic post after the trip is below:

Colorado ruined me... pic heavy
    https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=54426

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Last edited by GreggNY; 01-11-2019 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggNY View Post
    Just make the drive man. 20 hrs isnt bad at all for that amount of time. I did it from NY last summer and it was 100% worth it. The only downside is that everywhere you previously thought was cool out East will absolutely suck after Colorado. Link to my pic post after the trip is below:

Colorado ruined me... pic heavy
    https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=54426

Your trip is exactly what I had in mind. Looks amazing, how many days total did you spend out there?

Caught the Bug

East coast Moab?

Quote Originally Posted by dustinfromohio View Post
    Your trip is exactly what I had in mind. Looks amazing, how many days total did you spend out there?

I spent 7 days based out of Telluride, and took one of those days to make a quick trip to Moab. I drove out solo so took my time and a few days each way making the 32+ hr drive on either end and my gf flew out to meet me for the week. If you have company or someone to share the driving and can push it there in a day, Id definitely go even if only for a few days. If you can spend 5+, Id do it in a heartbeat.

I live in PA and there really is nothing out here quite like Moab and the west coast. I did almost a 2 week trip to drive out to Moab, wheel with great friends (WAYALIFE, Overlanderjk, Trailjk, and many others) and have many laughs, the drive home. Well worth the money and time it took. Will do it again once I have the funds!!
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

Quote Originally Posted by cozdude View Post
    I live in PA and there really is nothing out here quite like Moab and the west coast. I did almost a 2 week trip to drive out to Moab, wheel with great friends (WAYALIFE, Overlanderjk, Trailjk, and many others) and have many laughs, the drive home. Well worth the money and time it took. Will do it again once I have the funds!!
    I will be doing that to when I have the funds to get my jeep a little more ready. The drive isn't that bad but I drive for a living

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Man, there is nothing like an epic road trip...I have loved them all my life...and still do.

Go West, Young Man...you won't regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by dustinfromohio View Post
    Windrock looks promising! Id love to head west, just not sure how my 5 year old would do being in a car that long.

One word. iPad (tablet)...haha.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hahaha you all are terrible influences!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12