Lizard Skin thermal and acoustic in tub of JK

Cubewarrior

LRM in Fort Worth just sprayed my JK's interior with the Lizard Skin thermal and acoustic deadeners. LRM did a great job--looks super. I can't really tell about the thermal qualities because my LS conversion runs cool anyway, but the noise reduction works really well. I'm thinking about doing this to the Freedom Top and interiors of the doors as well. The Lizard Skin feels abrasive, so I'd recommend keeping rubber mats over the coating if you are barefooting it.

For you guys thinking about bedlining your interiors, the Lizard Skin gives you better thermal/sound deadening for not a lot of extra work.

Cube

SLO

Interesting. I stripped out the entire interior of my Jeep to install some stereo and CB gear and also to chase down a leak. I decided to do the Liquid Lizard Skin thermal and sound control while i was at it. I didn’t notice any difference.

Later on, I sprayed my hard top and put in headliners and that made a huge difference.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Cubewarrior

Interesting. I stripped out the entire interior of my Jeep to install some stereo and CB gear and also to chase down a leak. I decided to do the Liquid Lizard Skin thermal and sound control while i was at it. I didn’t notice any difference.

Later on, I sprayed my hard top and put in headliners and that made a huge difference.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

SLO -- thanks for input. If you had it to do again, would you Lizard Skin the inside of the Freedom Top or just put in the headliners? I notice a big noise difference because I travel a lot of highway time. I don't notice any thermal changes, yet.

SLO

SLO -- thanks for input. If you had it to do again, would you Lizard Skin the inside of the Freedom Top or just put in the headliners? I notice a big noise difference because I travel a lot of highway time. I don't notice any thermal changes, yet.

Good question. I did both at the same time so not sure which one helped more but I also haven’t had it in the heat yet so not sure how much it helps thermally. I really wanted the inside of the top black so I figured if I was going to mask it all off to paint it, may as well do black Lizard Skin.

I think the reason the Lizard Skin wasn’t as impactful as I’d hoped is because I didn’t do a decoupling layer/mat over it. Also, you really should do the doors, tailgate, etc...not just the tub. Last thing would be to fill cavities with foam. I got sick of worrying about it tho.

One thing I highly recommend is to use the Top Coat product on top of any Lizard Skin product. It makes it more like the Berliner type feel.

Top Bottom