What causes this starting problem?

The Jeep is a 2012 Rubicon Unlimited w/ 90K miles and few times recently I’ll go to start the Jeep and the lights come on but it won’t start. There’s no clicking or attempt to turn over..as if I’m not turning the key all the way forward. I’ll turn it completely off but not remove the key, then turn it again and it will start or I have to hold the key forward and there is a delay before it starts. I did get a new alternator recently if that matters. I’m thinking maybe the starter is going bad but curious if anyone had expirence with this issue.

Bierpower

Hooked
Thanks guys....now for the dumb question. How do I do this bypass of the starter and start directly with the battery. Wiring. Is not my forte
You have two large wires that go to the starter and one small one. Hook a piece of wire to the positive side of the battery and then touch it to the small lead on the starter. Be careful because shits going to move and it's going to startle you no matter how ready for it you are.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Thanks guys....now for the dumb question. How do I do this bypass of the starter and start directly with the battery. Wiring. Is not my forte

You have two large wires that go to the starter and one small one. Hook a piece of wire to the positive side of the battery and then touch it to the small lead on the starter. Be careful because shits going to move and it's going to startle you no matter how ready for it you are.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yep. A screwdriver with sparks is your friend.

Threw a code this morning P0345 and P0390 Camshaft position sensor A and B. So about to go pickup a new camshaft position sensor and go from there. Hopefully it’s the fix

Cam shaft position sensors seemed to have fixed the issue. Replaced sensors and cleared codes and started right up. Drove around and no new codes

Top Bottom