Finally pulled the trigger on some XD229 Machetes!! TMPS?

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Well after seeing the price jump to $561.00 for the XD229 Machetes on an unnamed site, I got a little nervous so jumped on the sweet deal over at ORE buy 4 get the 5th free. In Black. I'll pick them on my way home on the 7th of Feb. My question is, I don't want to break down my old wheels to get to the TMPS. Do you guy's/ girls have a suggestion on which brand to look at? Thanks

22.PNG

Ddays

Hooked
Run without them and ignore the light?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

LOL, I did this ^^ with my Chamber Pro's on my JK at first but then adjusted the PSI threshold waaaaay down with my flashcal so I didn't have to deal with the damn light constantly being on.

I did order these for the upcoming JL as I'm not doing beadlocks on it & wanted the retain the sensors

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00O7TXHBO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Thanks everybody, That's what I was hoping you would say. I have the Flashpaq so I'm good to go. Wasn't positive about the light if they weren't in there at all.

Buy new sensors. Spending a couple grand on new wheels and rubber. Always seemed silly to hear guys skimp out on new sensors. Procal to reset new desired pressure and your good.

Seahawkfan

Hooked
QUOTE=HighwayTrout;1106409]Buy new sensors. Spending a couple grand on new wheels and rubber. Always seemed silly to hear guys skimp out on new sensors. Procal to reset new desired pressure and your good.[/QUOTE]

I'm ok with this also^^^ Any input on these:
43.PNG [

QUOTE=HighwayTrout;1106409]Buy new sensors. Spending a couple grand on new wheels and rubber. Always seemed silly to hear guys skimp out on new sensors. Procal to reset new desired pressure and your good.

I'm ok with this also^^^ Any input on these:
View attachment 319081 [[/QUOTE]

I went with oem from a dealership. They were about that same price. I remember it costing ~150 for all 5.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Buy new sensors. Spending a couple grand on new wheels and rubber. Always seemed silly to hear guys skimp out on new sensors. Procal to reset new desired pressure and your good.

I agree with this as well. I left Glamis in my GMC one year and my front 35” tire was slowly going flat... Figured it out when I stopped for fuel. Crazy thing is I was doing 70-80 and didn’t feel it.. The technology is there now, so I plan to take advantage of it.... rather have a heads up than ruin or blow a tire on the freeway.

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Looking around trying to find OEM coming in at about $70 a piece . That's about as much as 6th wheel. I still have my factory take offs and the wheels on the jeep now. Does anybody know if I can just break the bead and push the tire down enough to remove the sensor? The ones I posted above are metal and I don't think I want those. Found the same brand in rubber for $37 each. But if I can pull the OEM out of my take offs would save me $180.

Seahawkfan

Hooked
They are $1700 wheels and you’re trying to save $30?

O’Reillys has 14 different options with $20 off purchase of $100 or more.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Not sure where you get the "trying to save $30" part. This why I asked the question in the first place is to get different options. And if I can save a buck why not.Thanks for the help. And your condescending remarks keep on coming.

sm31

I used OBD JScan to set my sensors to 25 psi... with it I can easily set the psi to whatever I want.

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
I bought 5 off amazon for 80 bucks . They did take a few weeks to come in . Installed with the new tires . Unfortunately only 3 out of the 4 read correctly . The 4th wouldn’t read until I took it to a shop and they reprogrammed the Jeep sensors .

Seahawkfan

Hooked
I bought 5 off amazon for 80 bucks . They did take a few weeks to come in . Installed with the new tires . Unfortunately only 3 out of the 4 read correctly . The 4th wouldn’t read until I took it to a shop and they reprogrammed the Jeep sensors .

I ended up finding a good price on TMPS.com . I think $25 or $30 apiece. Ended up breaking one during install had to pay the $65 for a replacement at Autozone.

Top Bottom