Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally pulled the trigger on some XD229 Machetes!! TMPS?

Been Around the Block Seahawkfan's Avatar
    QUOTE=HighwayTrout;1106409]Buy new sensors. Spending a couple grand on new wheels and rubber. Always seemed silly to hear guys skimp out on new sensors. Procal to reset new desired pressure and your good.[/QUOTE]

I'm ok with this also^^^ Any input on these:
    43.PNG[

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkfan View Post
    QUOTE=HighwayTrout;1106409]Buy new sensors. Spending a couple grand on new wheels and rubber. Always seemed silly to hear guys skimp out on new sensors. Procal to reset new desired pressure and your good.
    I'm ok with this also^^^ Any input on these:
    43.PNG[[/QUOTE]

I went with oem from a dealership. They were about that same price. I remember it costing ~150 for all 5.
    en hopup veritas

Quote Originally Posted by HighwayTrout View Post
    Buy new sensors. Spending a couple grand on new wheels and rubber. Always seemed silly to hear guys skimp out on new sensors. Procal to reset new desired pressure and your good.
    I agree with this as well. I left Glamis in my GMC one year and my front 35” tire was slowly going flat... Figured it out when I stopped for fuel. Crazy thing is I was doing 70-80 and didn’t feel it.. The technology is there now, so I plan to take advantage of it.... rather have a heads up than ruin or blow a tire on the freeway.

Looking around trying to find OEM coming in at about $70 a piece . That's about as much as 6th wheel. I still have my factory take offs and the wheels on the jeep now. Does anybody know if I can just break the bead and push the tire down enough to remove the sensor? The ones I posted above are metal and I don't think I want those. Found the same brand in rubber for $37 each. But if I can pull the OEM out of my take offs would save me $180.

They are $1700 wheels and you’re trying to save $30?

O’Reillys has 14 different options with $20 off purchase of $100 or more.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

2012 JK
    1975 DJ5

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    They are $1700 wheels and you’re trying to save $30?

O’Reillys has 14 different options with $20 off purchase of $100 or more.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Not sure where you get the "trying to save $30" part. This why I asked the question in the first place is to get different options. And if I can save a buck why not.Thanks for the help. And your condescending remarks keep on coming.

Hooked
    So did you buy new sensors? I just ordered the same xd wheels and I want the best solution for the TPMS.
    Last edited by patr1ckm; 03-15-2019 at 02:05 AM.

I used OBD JScan to set my sensors to 25 psi... with it I can easily set the psi to whatever I want.

Been Around the Block danford.lau's Avatar
    I bought 5 off amazon for 80 bucks . They did take a few weeks to come in . Installed with the new tires . Unfortunately only 3 out of the 4 read correctly . The 4th wouldn’t read until I took it to a shop and they reprogrammed the Jeep sensors .

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by danford.lau View Post
    I bought 5 off amazon for 80 bucks . They did take a few weeks to come in . Installed with the new tires . Unfortunately only 3 out of the 4 read correctly . The 4th wouldn’t read until I took it to a shop and they reprogrammed the Jeep sensors .

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I ended up finding a good price on TMPS.com . I think $25 or $30 apiece. Ended up breaking one during install had to pay the $65 for a replacement at Autozone.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast