Sahara JK and Sport JK

Please hold the laughter till the end. Thank You.

My girlfriends daughter has rented a JKU Sahara (estimate 2014). Yes I did say rent. I don't know the details. Once day she asked me to check her tires. All, including the spare were low in pressure. Since I am a Jeeper, I always have on hand to do the basic needs in my JEEP. I inflated her tires. Then she asked me if the JEEP need Premium gas. Right off hand I said no, I put 87 octane in mine since I've had it and never had a problem. But then that little voice in the back of my head popped up. You know that nagging little voice of doubt. Since I don't know the specs on the Sahara, and since it's not her Jeep, I told her put Premium gas.

So after you stop laughing at me, my question is "Is there a difference between a Sahara JKU and a Sport JK (both about 2014) engines?

Thank you for your help.
:cheesy:

Ddays

Hooked

My girlfriends daughter has rented a JKU Sahara (estimate 2014). Yes I did say rent. I don't know the details. Once day she asked me to check her tires. All, including the spare were low in pressure. Since I am a Jeeper, I always have on hand to do the basic needs in my JEEP. I inflated her tires. Then she asked me if the JEEP need Premium gas. Right off hand I said no, I put 87 octane in mine since I've had it and never had a problem. But then that little voice in the back of my head popped up. You know that nagging little voice of doubt. Since I don't know the specs on the Sahara, and since it's not her Jeep, I told her put Premium gas.

So after you stop laughing at me, my question is "Is there a difference between a Sahara JKU and a Sport JK (both about 2014) engines?

Thank you for your help.

No differences at all. For the most part premium is a waste of money and def not needed.

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Higher octane gas burns slower to avoid the knocking or pinging caused by pre-ignition of the fuel in high compression/high rpm engines. Since the jeep is neither of those there is no advantage to running higher octane fuels.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Eloucha

Thank you for your help.

Nothing wrong to be honest and premium jeeper that mean u respect jeep and treated with premium gaz. No difference gaz is cheap this days. Spending premium help the economy of the country lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ddays

Hooked
Nothing wrong to be honest and premium jeeper that mean u respect jeep and treated with premium gaz. No difference gaz is cheap this days. Spending premium help the economy of the country lol

:thinking: What color is the sky in your world?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Is English not your first language or is you uncle your father?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom