Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Winter (sorta) Wheeling In Little Moab

Winter (sorta) Wheeling In Little Moab

Of course, Utah is known for Moab and although it is only a short 3.5 hour trip for those of us residing in Salt Lake City, it is still not exactly an easy day trip to make. Luckily even in northern Utah, we have a few places left open for us in the winter months to still get out and play on some rocks. Not too far from Eagle Mountain is a stretch affectionately known as "Little Moab". Wayalife members RESURECTIONJK, Cendee, and their friend Jason allowed me to join them on an expedition to this very miniature "Little Moab".

Jason and his XJ was the first to try his hand on our warm-up climb. This was not a difficult climb by any means, but a line far to the left did allow for some flex to stretch the shocks.

After making it look easy, Jason hopped out to give the rest of us a spot up and down the climb. Cendee with a brand new rooftop tent was anxious to see how her rig felt with more weight on top but was pleasantly surprised to find she still felt plenty confident in the rocks.

I was next in line and started my climb while RESURECTIONJK reluctantly decided to air down his tires.

This JK is new to me and I've only owned it for just over a month. This climb is actually the first time I put the JK on an actual obstacle since I've owned it. I have been putting a lot of work into it so I was anxious to try out the new tires, suspension, and gears on something real. I even hit the break-in miles for the gears on my way to the trail. Needless to say, it walked right up with no drama and I was hungry for more.

With his tires aired down, RESURECTIONJK followed our steps up and over the rocks.

With the warm-up out of the way, we made our way (through some mud) over to the main larger area where we could find some more difficult lines.

Arriving at the main area of Little Moab, we wasted no time taking turns and providing spots as we each took on a few obstacles on the slick granite with muddy tires.

Little Moab is a very small area that has mounds of granite rock with countless variations of optional lines. No matter the capability of your rig you can find a line as difficult as you like, but be careful... it can be easy to quickly get yourself in over your head.

Even though it is winter, the day was not too cold and the rocks were mostly snow free. This was not crazy winter wheeling by any means and besides a little mud, drama free.

After we got our afternoon fill, the four of us made our way out and back to the road. The trip was fast but made for a beautiful and not too cold day in northern Utah. I was really able to see where my new JKUR did well, and where it needs improvement. This was a fantastic first trip out with my new Jeep with even better people who are a true testament to the Jeep Wayalife.

Nothing but a Thing RESURECTIONJK's Avatar
    Great shots brother! Thanks for coming out with us.

Nice pictures Tyler. It was one of many great days to come.

Looks like a fun little trip😁

Thanks for sharing with us.

Nice shots! Looks like y'all had fun.

Any specs on that XJ by any chance?

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

Nothing but a Thing RESURECTIONJK's Avatar

Winter (sorta) Wheeling In Little Moab

Quote Originally Posted by BaddestCross View Post
    Nice shots! Looks like y'all had fun.

Any specs on that XJ by any chance?

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Hey James. That XJ belongs to a good friend of mine. Currie 9Ē rear with ARB. Waggy front with ARB Clayton long arm system and ram assist. Motherís recipe for the bumper and sliders. Dual t-cases coupled to the factory 5spd manual. 3.55ís and depending on the day heíll run either 35ís or 37ís depending where weíre going. Iím sure I forgot some other stuff. But thatís the meat and taters of it. If youíre able to make Moab with us this year youíll likely meet him. Iíve yet to see it challenged. Heís really done a good job setting that thing up.

Unreal little part of the world. Great pictures and a bad ass XJ

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

XJ is sweet.

Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

2012 JK
    1975 DJ5

Quote Originally Posted by RESURECTIONJK View Post
    Hey James. That XJ belongs to a good friend of mine. Currie 9Ē rear with ARB. Waggy front with ARB Clayton long arm system and ram assist. Motherís recipe for the bumper and sliders. Dual t-cases coupled to the factory 5spd manual. 3.55ís and depending on the day heíll run either 35ís or 37ís depending where weíre going. Iím sure I forgot some other stuff. But thatís the meat and taters of it. If youíre able to make Moab with us this year youíll likely meet him. Iíve yet to see it challenged. Heís really done a good job setting that thing up.
    Definitely not a junkyard build then. 😂 That thing looks amazing!

Don't think I'll be able to make Moab this year. 😭

--
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

Looks like a great day. Cool pics.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast