Winter (sorta) Wheeling In Little Moab

tylertakesphotos

Of course, Utah is known for Moab and although it is only a short 3.5 hour trip for those of us residing in Salt Lake City, it is still not exactly an easy day trip to make. Luckily even in northern Utah, we have a few places left open for us in the winter months to still get out and play on some rocks. Not too far from Eagle Mountain is a stretch affectionately known as "Little Moab". Wayalife members RESURECTIONJK, Cendee, and their friend Jason allowed me to join them on an expedition to this very miniature "Little Moab".

Jason and his XJ was the first to try his hand on our warm-up climb. This was not a difficult climb by any means, but a line far to the left did allow for some flex to stretch the shocks.
little_moab_1131911.JPG

After making it look easy, Jason hopped out to give the rest of us a spot up and down the climb. Cendee with a brand new rooftop tent was anxious to see how her rig felt with more weight on top but was pleasantly surprised to find she still felt plenty confident in the rocks.
little_moab_1131913.JPG

little_moab_1131914.JPG

I was next in line and started my climb while RESURECTIONJK reluctantly decided to air down his tires.
little_moab_1131917.JPG

This JK is new to me and I've only owned it for just over a month. This climb is actually the first time I put the JK on an actual obstacle since I've owned it. I have been putting a lot of work into it so I was anxious to try out the new tires, suspension, and gears on something real. I even hit the break-in miles for the gears on my way to the trail. Needless to say, it walked right up with no drama and I was hungry for more.
little_moab_1131916.JPG

With his tires aired down, RESURECTIONJK followed our steps up and over the rocks.
little_moab_1131919.JPG

little_moab_1131920.JPG

With the warm-up out of the way, we made our way (through some mud) over to the main larger area where we could find some more difficult lines.
little_moab_1131910.JPG

Arriving at the main area of Little Moab, we wasted no time taking turns and providing spots as we each took on a few obstacles on the slick granite with muddy tires.
little_moab_1131909.JPG

little_moab_1131904.JPG

little_moab_1131929.JPG

little_moab_1131903.JPG

little_moab_1131932.JPG

little_moab_1131908.JPG

little_moab_1131936.JPG

Little Moab is a very small area that has mounds of granite rock with countless variations of optional lines. No matter the capability of your rig you can find a line as difficult as you like, but be careful... it can be easy to quickly get yourself in over your head.
little_moab_1131934.JPG

little_moab_1131905.JPG

little_moab_1131925.JPG

little_moab_1131927.JPG

Even though it is winter, the day was not too cold and the rocks were mostly snow free. This was not crazy winter wheeling by any means and besides a little mud, drama free.
little_moab_1131928.JPG

little_moab_1131935.JPG

little_moab_1131906.JPG

little_moab_1131931.JPG

After we got our afternoon fill, the four of us made our way out and back to the road. The trip was fast but made for a beautiful and not too cold day in northern Utah. I was really able to see where my new JKUR did well, and where it needs improvement. This was a fantastic first trip out with my new Jeep with even better people who are a true testament to the Jeep Wayalife. :beer:

Nice shots! Looks like y'all had fun.

Any specs on that XJ by any chance?

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Hey James. That XJ belongs to a good friend of mine. Currie 9” rear with ARB. Waggy front with ARB Clayton long arm system and ram assist. Mother’s recipe for the bumper and sliders. Dual t-cases coupled to the factory 5spd manual. 3.55’s and depending on the day he’ll run either 35’s or 37’s depending where we’re going. I’m sure I forgot some other stuff. But that’s the meat and taters of it. If you’re able to make Moab with us this year you’ll likely meet him. I’ve yet to see it challenged. He’s really done a good job setting that thing up.

BaddestCross

Hey James. That XJ belongs to a good friend of mine. Currie 9” rear with ARB. Waggy front with ARB Clayton long arm system and ram assist. Mother’s recipe for the bumper and sliders. Dual t-cases coupled to the factory 5spd manual. 3.55’s and depending on the day he’ll run either 35’s or 37’s depending where we’re going. I’m sure I forgot some other stuff. But that’s the meat and taters of it. If you’re able to make Moab with us this year you’ll likely meet him. I’ve yet to see it challenged. He’s really done a good job setting that thing up.
Definitely not a junkyard build then. 😂 That thing looks amazing!

Don't think I'll be able to make Moab this year. 😭

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

tylertakesphotos

Great shots brother! Thanks for coming out with us.

Nice pictures Tyler. It was one of many great days to come.

Washed all that cement mud off... so, I'm ready to go again!

Nice shots! Looks like y'all had fun.
Any specs on that XJ by any chance?]

Unreal little part of the world. Great pictures and a bad ass XJ

XJ is sweet.

Yes, Jason's XJ is unreal and super rad! :yup:

Looks like a fun little trip��
Thanks for sharing with us.

Looks like a great day. Cool pics.

Looks like you all had a good time. Great pictures and story. Thanks for sharing.

Awesome pictures! Can’t wait to make it there one day [emoji106]

Great pics, looks like fun day!

Thanks for reading guys! Plenty more of these in the future I'm sure :photo:

Very cool...making me wish EJS was closer than it is...

Moab (the actual one) existis even when EJS is not happening. ;)

Yes...it appears that I will be heading thru Ogden enroute to Denver in March...and of course going thru SLC on the way to Moab for EJS

If you’ve got the time to burn I’d love to take you on a short local run. Let me know if you are able and I’ll block out the time for it. [emoji482]

Top Bottom