Heater blowing cold

Gadget

Caught the Bug
My daughter has a 2013 4dr Sahara, about a week ago the heater stopped blowing hot, the fan blows but the air never heats up. Anybody had this issue or know what part has given up? Kind of chilly here and I don’t want my daughter and granddaughter freezing.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like you might have an air bubble or some kind of blockage in your cooling system. Feel the heater hoses at operating temp and see if one or both are cold.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Sounds like you might have an air bubble or some kind of blockage in your cooling system. Feel the heater hoses at operating temp and see if one or both are cold.

This^^^ take the radiator cap off, turn the heater to full hot with the fan blowing at any speed. Get the jeep to operating temp (fans will kick on when it’s there), check coolant level. If coolant is low add coolant to the radiator. Once no more air bubbles are coming out of the cap put the cap back on and add coolant to the overflow bottle.

rmilobrown

After checking your coolant level and temps stated above, take a look at your blend door actuator. If your bda is stuck in the cool position, this could be your trouble to shoot. The bda is under the dash on the driver's side. You can hear it moving when you rotate the heat control knob. If nothing is happening, there are great videos on how to replace it. About $30. on Amazon for a MOPAR bda. Good Luck!

Gadget

Caught the Bug
Fixed, heater core was blocked/clogged. Have a less than manly request, could somebody post a picture of the heater core so I know where to look if it happens to mine or my wife’s?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Fixed, heater core was blocked/clogged. Have a less than manly request, could somebody post a picture of the heater core so I know where to look if it happens to mine or my wife’s?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Heater core is buried in a plastic box inside the dash. Dash has to be removed to get to it. You'll never see it from the outside.

Heater core is buried in a plastic box inside the dash. Dash has to be removed to get to it. You'll never see it from the outside.

Actually it is possible to swap heater core without removing the whole dashboard. Doable in 2 hours. But it is needed to do some cutting in the aluminum frame that the dashpanels are attached to. lucky it is very simple to put back the part that has to be removed. use some smal clamps.

Removing the whole dash and all that comes with it is a nightmare.

Top Bottom