Rancho 5000X vs OME

sinfuzz

Hey everybody. After going all over the place with how I want to build my Jeep, I think I know how I want to start. I want to get a small lift. I already have 33s and that's where I'd like to stay.

I'm debating between the OME 2 inch kit with light duty springs or Rancho 5000X shocks with probably OME springs but I'm open to suggestions.. I don't have a bunch of gear on my Jeep yet and don't think I need the HD springs from OME, at least not yet.

Sand dunes are probably my most common off-road terrain but I do a little bit of crawling and trails as well.

I want something that will have a decent ride, but will most importantly hold up cruising around the dunes.

BaddestCross

Welcome to WAL. If you're wanting to keep around 2", I'd suggest the Rancho 2" sport lift, or if you want to go "cheap", EVO 2" plush ride springs for the front and OME 2" medium duty for the rear so you don't sag too much when you throw some gear in the back.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Hey everybody. After going all over the place with how I want to build my Jeep, I think I know how I want to start. I want to get a small lift. I already have 33s and that's where I'd like to stay.

I'm debating between the OME 2 inch kit with light duty springs or Rancho 5000X shocks with probably OME springs but I'm open to suggestions.. I don't have a bunch of gear on my Jeep yet and don't think I need the HD springs from OME, at least not yet.

Sand dunes are probably my most common off-road terrain but I do a little bit of crawling and trails as well.

I want something that will have a decent ride, but will most importantly hold up cruising around the dunes.

Hi

I´ve had my ome shocks and springs for about 3 years I think. I like them a lot and they are much better than stock when it comes to road maner and they do so without being harsh and uncomfortable.

However, omes liftkit is the only lift kit I´ve had so can not compare to other lift kits.

There is one very important thing, use the Ome chart when choosing your springs. If you do not you will end up with way to hard springs or to soft. Be honest with what you have on your jeep. If you have stock bumper and no winch, choose acordingly to that. Same with rear, if you have no load choose the soft ones. If you choose the correct ones acording the OME chart you will end up with advertised lift and have a nice ride. If you choose to hard springs you WILL end up with to much lift and a bad ride.

Also, the Ome shocks is within travel spec so no need for aftermarket drive shaft or extended brake lines. Even on a 2012+

they have about 1,5 inch more total travel compared to stock but still within what is doable with stock drive shaft and break lines. Do not use the rear swaybar bracket. it is pointless.

http://4x4.com.ua/files/OME INT CAT NO 32 JULY 2016.pdf

Rancho

Caught the Bug
As mentioned check out our 2" SPORT lift with the RS5000X shocks.
We offer a system for the 2 or 4 door.
:beer:
If you have any questions feel free to ask!
Matt

Bugtuth

Welcome. I have installed the Rancho 2 in lift on our 2 dr and our 4 dr. Great ride and performance.

sinfuzz

Thank you, everyone, for the welcome and info!

All I really see are glowing reviews for both options. Doesn't really make things easier for me haha.

Rancho

Caught the Bug
If we are in the running, I would wait a few weeks for a Spring rebate and save a little $.

All I really see are glowing reviews for both options. Doesn't really make things easier for me haha.

TheGrendel

the problem is that everyone feels suspension differently. something feels smooth to someone but it feels rough to someone else. on my 2 door, i had metalcloak springs with OME shocks and it was a stiff ride in my opinion. you'll read plenty of posts claiming that set up is smoother than stock.

currently, i'm running Synergy 3 inch springs on my JKUR with Evo valved King 2.5 shocks. it's a nice combination.

but, there is so much to a ride its hard to say. certain tires are stiffer. weight of all of the aftermarket parts. etc.

sinfuzz

If we are in the running, I would wait a few weeks for a Spring rebate and save a little $.

If I did end up equipping my Jeep more for overlanding and ended up with a good bit more weight does Rancho have springs to compensate for this?

Top Bottom