Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 19 JL axle questions

Nothing but a Thing RESURECTIONJK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Like I said, I've been there and swore I would never buy another Rubicon. Not that there's anything wrong with buying a Sport and building it up but if you can afford a Rubicon and start there, that's what I would do and based on experience.
    ^^^this^^^ I was one of those that thought it would be smarter to buy a loaded sport and build it. Within a month a good friend of mine bought a Rubicon and weíve been really close in our builds. Retail difference on the two jeeps was less than $5k. Iíve easily spent more than that just to upgrade the front axle, put in gears, chromoly shafts and lockers and swap in a Rubicon t-case after breaking my stock t-case. And thatís not including the suspension tires etc. In the long run, Iíve spent more and Iím only running marginally stronger than my buddy is on his Rubicon. We both have similar styles and while we donít play as hard as some, we do enjoy our jeeps and I feel we push them quite hard at times. Granted Iím talking about the JK but the JL is SO much better than the JK out of the box I would never buy anything BUT a Rubicon for all the things I mentioned above. Itís just better right out of the gate. Smarter money is on a Rubicon.

Quote Originally Posted by RESURECTIONJK View Post
    ^^^this^^^ I was one of those that thought it would be smarter to buy a loaded sport and build it. Within a month a good friend of mine bought a Rubicon and weíve been really close in our builds. Retail difference on the two jeeps was less than $5k. Iíve easily spent more than that just to upgrade the front axle, put in gears, chromoly shafts and lockers and swap in a Rubicon t-case after breaking my stock t-case. And thatís not including the suspension tires etc. In the long run, Iíve spent more and Iím only running marginally stronger than my buddy is on his Rubicon. We both have similar styles and while we donít play as hard as some, we do enjoy our jeeps and I feel we push them quite hard at times. Granted Iím talking about the JK but the JL is SO much better than the JK out of the box I would never buy anything BUT a Rubicon for all the things I mentioned above. Itís just better right out of the gate. Smarter money is on a Rubicon.
    IF you can afford it. Not everyone can and again, there's nothing wrong with working within your means. My only point to all this is that IF you can afford to start with a Rubicon, it is the better way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    IF you can afford it. Not everyone can and again, there's nothing wrong with working within your means. My only point to all this is that IF you can afford to start with a Rubicon, it is the better way to go.
    That is a good point to make. Not everyone has the $50k for a Rubicon or want that kind of payment lol. And building over time may make better sense in their budget.

Quote Originally Posted by deezus View Post
    Thanks for talking me down bro. Haha it was getting cold on that ledge.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
    IMG_7111.JPG

Factory axles suck! Thatís why thereís millions out there still working.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

2012 JK
    1975 DJ5

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    IMG_7111.JPG

Whelp... that pretty much ends the debate right there. Except you forgot to put a fuck in there somewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    IMG_7111.JPG

Hahaha

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

I will add that not all Rubicons come with a $55K and up price.
    The one we got was $43, and while it is not as loaded as many, it has what makes it a Rubicon, the gears, lockers, disco's, high fenders, etc...

With that, I am not worried about the axles or any of the drivetrain. A small lift will get 37's on it when the time is right, and that will do the trick without worry.

I feel it would be hard to impossible to buy a Sport and build it up for less money, and add ons don't get the financing that a new vehicle can.

Quote Originally Posted by jdofmemi View Post
    I will add that not all Rubicons come with a $55K and up price.
    The one we got was $43, and while it is not as loaded as many, it has what makes it a Rubicon, the gears, lockers, disco's, high fenders, etc...

With that, I am not worried about the axles or any of the drivetrain. A small lift will get 37's on it when the time is right, and that will do the trick without worry.

I feel it would be hard to impossible to buy a Sport and build it up for less money, and add ons don't get the financing that a new vehicle can.
    Yup, prime example of what I'm talking about right there. Hell, I've seen Sports selling in the $40k range. Again, I tried to go that path and found it just didn't make any sense. IF one can afford to start with a Rubicon, it definitely makes the most sense.

Fresh Catch
    I ordered a completely loaded 19 Rubicon 2 door JL. The only options I did not get were smokers group, safety sensors, & block heater. I already called dynatrac. Iím going to order a prorock 44 housing. Gonna get rcv axle shafts but not sure about the locker. Iíd like to keep an Eaton elocker in it but know arb air lockers are better. From there Iím gonna add 2Ē taller springs, teraflex falcon shocks, Adams driveshafts, aluminum skid plate from rock hard 4x4, raceline beadlocks, nitto ridge grapplers 37s. The 37s are for wheeling and Iíll put the 33s on for going back and forth. I also have arb dual air compressor, warn zeon10s platinum winch, and front facing camera to install.

I have to travel between Ohio and Georgia for work about a year to year and half till my daughter graduates high school and my wife moves down. Right now I have a 14jk polar edition with rock krawler 3.5Ē xfactor lift, race line beadlocks, 37s, prorock 44 unlimited front axle, dynatrac trail 60 rear axle, Adams 1350 driveshafts, evo protein skid plates, full psc hydro assist setup with their big bore box and cooler. It has more but you get the gist of it. I beat the hell out of this jeep on rocks wth no issues. Ben to rock garden @ creekbed at Rausch, black trails at windrock. I would like my JL to be able to do some of this stuff until Iím done commuting in it and buy crate 60s and do the same to this my jk does.

My main concern was the front JL axle breaking because of the hole from fad. Thanks for the info.

19 JL axle questions

Quote Originally Posted by Neohiofan View Post
    I ordered a completely loaded 19 Rubicon 2 door JL. The only options I did not get were smokers group, safety sensors, & block heater. I already called dynatrac. Iím going to order a prorock 44 housing. Gonna get rcv axle shafts but not sure about the locker. Iíd like to keep an Eaton elocker in it but know arb air lockers are better. From there Iím gonna add 2Ē taller springs, teraflex falcon shocks, Adams driveshafts, aluminum skid plate from rock hard 4x4, raceline beadlocks, nitto ridge grapplers 37s. The 37s are for wheeling and Iíll put the 33s on for going back and forth. I also have arb dual air compressor, warn zeon10s platinum winch, and front facing camera to install.

I have to travel between Ohio and Georgia for work about a year to year and half till my daughter graduates high school and my wife moves down. Right now I have a 14jk polar edition with rock krawler 3.5Ē xfactor lift, race line beadlocks, 37s, prorock 44 unlimited front axle, dynatrac trail 60 rear axle, Adams 1350 driveshafts, evo protein skid plates, full psc hydro assist setup with their big bore box and cooler. It has more but you get the gist of it. I beat the hell out of this jeep on rocks wth no issues. Ben to rock garden @ creekbed at Rausch, black trails at windrock. I would like my JL to be able to do some of this stuff until Iím done commuting in it and buy crate 60s and do the same to this my jk does.

My main concern was the front JL axle breaking because of the hole from fad. Thanks for the info.
    Youíre gonna run teraflex shocks. I doubt your axle would break from actually wheeling hard. They donít go together.

And wtf is a black trail?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

2012 JK
    1975 DJ5

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast