Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 19 JL axle questions

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    Youre gonna run teraflex shocks. I doubt your axle would break from actually wheeling hard. They dont go together.

And wtf is a black trail?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Trails are color coded at Windrock. Blacks are hardest.

http://www.windrockpark.com/wp-conte...b_TrailMap.png

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    Trails are color coded at Windrock. Blacks are hardest.

http://www.windrockpark.com/wp-conte...b_TrailMap.png

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Something about blacks that people love to hate.

Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

2012 JK
    1975 DJ5

Quote Originally Posted by Neohiofan View Post
    I ordered a completely loaded 19 Rubicon 2 door JL. The only options I did not get were smokers group, safety sensors, & block heater. I already called dynatrac. Im going to order a prorock 44 housing. Gonna get rcv axle shafts but not sure about the locker. Id like to keep an Eaton elocker in it but know arb air lockers are better. From there Im gonna add 2 taller springs, teraflex falcon shocks, Adams driveshafts, aluminum skid plate from rock hard 4x4, raceline beadlocks, nitto ridge grapplers 37s. The 37s are for wheeling and Ill put the 33s on for going back and forth. I also have arb dual air compressor, warn zeon10s platinum winch, and front facing camera to install.

I have to travel between Ohio and Georgia for work about a year to year and half till my daughter graduates high school and my wife moves down. Right now I have a 14jk polar edition with rock krawler 3.5 xfactor lift, race line beadlocks, 37s, prorock 44 unlimited front axle, dynatrac trail 60 rear axle, Adams 1350 driveshafts, evo protein skid plates, full psc hydro assist setup with their big bore box and cooler. It has more but you get the gist of it. I beat the hell out of this jeep on rocks wth no issues. Ben to rock garden @ creekbed at Rausch, black trails at windrock. I would like my JL to be able to do some of this stuff until Im done commuting in it and buy crate 60s and do the same to this my jk does.

My main concern was the front JL axle breaking because of the hole from fad. Thanks for the info.
    Wow, so many quality products in your list - not sure why Falcon shocks would be included in it. Of course, ride quality is 100% subjective and I suppose, you may prefer a stiff ride.

Fresh Catch
    What’s wrong with the falcons? They have done well for me so far. I do live in the Midwest so I’m not like the big ballers at Moab and out west. Plus they hold up well on the beach and at the mall. What shocks would you recommend for my new set up?
    Last edited by Neohiofan; 01-19-2019 at 03:16 PM.

Whats wrong with the falcons? They have done well for me so far. I do live in the Midwest so Im not like the big ballers at Moab and out west.
    Why are big balled people in Moab? Gross.

Falcons suck. The leak, break and are made in China. And by terrorflex. Garbage like everything they make.

Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.

2012 JK
    1975 DJ5

Fresh Catch
    What would you recommend for my new setup? I only had ranchos 9000xl before that.

Whats wrong with the falcons? They have done well for me so far. I do live in the Midwest so Im not like the big ballers at Moab and out west. Plus they hold up well on the beach and at the mall. What shocks would you recommend for my new set up?
    Again, ride quality is 100% subjective and if you like the ride you're getting from yours, clearly, to each their own. As far as holding up well goes, I'm glad to hear yours have been so far. Clearly, when it comes to China quality control, some are made better than others.

teraflex-falcon-02.png

teraflex-falcon.jpg

What would you recommend for my new setup? I only had ranchos 9000xl before that.
    What 2" coils were you planning on running?

I would recommend actually leaving the axle you paid extra for in until it breaks, if it even does. Skip the RCVs since they are overpriced and loud. No need for an ARB until the factory locker goes out. Dyna Tran lift would fit your bill. Skip the racelines and the multiple sets of wheels/tires. Waste of money. Aluminum skids for what? Not needed. Driveshafts arent really needed for 2 lift either.

Just saved you about $10k. Youre welcome.

2012 JK
    1975 DJ5

LOL!! I have to say, that's actually some pretty solid advice that OverlanderJK just posted. I mean, unless you've got money burning a hole in your pocket. It might serve you well not to get so caught up in brand names and in what you think you need to buy and just get things as they're actually needed.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast