Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tie rod/TRE that fit 15" wheels?

Knows a Thing or Two Seahawkfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by supercell View Post
    Damn, I saved for a while to afford these wheels. Sorry I don't like load range E tires as my only option.
    17" has D range. What size tire are you running on a 15" ? Seems like a lot of side wall with a 15". I was waiting I kind of figured this thread would change to your wheel size.

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkfan View Post
    17" has D range. What size tire are you running on a 15" ? Seems like a lot of side wall with a 15". I was waiting I kind of figured this thread would change to your wheel size.
    i went 15s on my JKR. i was happy with 35s on a 2 door. feel like the sidewall was perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrendel View Post
    i went 15s on my JKR. i was happy with 35s on a 2 door. feel like the sidewall was perfect.
    Just curious what would be the benefit of running a 15" wheel. I'm not positive but aren't most vehicles made now or even in the past 10 years 17" and up. I would think there would be a lot more choices in tires in the larger wheel size.

Just curious what would be the benefit of running a 15" wheel. I'm not positive but aren't most vehicles made now or even in the past 10 years 17" and up. I would think there would be a lot more choices in tires in the larger wheel size.
    no real benefit. i just liked the look. it reminded me of the days when i was a kid and everyone was rolling around on 15 inch wheels and 33 inch tires were HUGE!

i stuck with 17s on my current Jeep.

no real benefit. i just liked the look. it reminded me of the days when i was a kid and everyone was rolling around on 15 inch wheels and 33 inch tires were HUGE!

i stuck with 17s on my current Jeep.
    Yea remember those. I just googled "what rim size is most common on SUV's" and it said The most popular wheel size in the U.S. is the R15. It is installed on 50% of U.S. passenger cars and light SUVs. So I stand corrected.

Yea remember those. I just googled "what rim size is most common on SUV's" and it said The most popular wheel size in the U.S. is the R15. It is installed on 50% of U.S. passenger cars and light SUVs. So I stand corrected.
    as a kid growing up with country boys, this was a dream vehicle.

k5 blazer.jpg

as a kid growing up with country boys, this was a dream vehicle.

k5 blazer.jpg
    I still want a 75 F150...haha.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I like the look the best and you save a crap ton of money. Weight savings you could argue for 15s too. Lr c I can air down and have crazy sidewall flex which is awesome. Also lots of tire brands with 17" wheels only offer 35s/37s in LR e which isn't ideal imo, it's just rough. This may be misinformation, but I think 15" wheels hold the bead slightly better too, cause it sits super tucked in and tight and they're harder to mount. Somone wanna refute that? Downside is more exposed/thin sidewall, but if you get a nice mud tire, they seem to hold up better. I popped my ko2s twice. Also you're obviously limited to steering/brake/knuckle upgrades. If youre only gonna go 35s and wanna save a lot of money, I think 15s are a great option. Im running 35s to whoever asked.
    Last edited by supercell; 01-18-2019 at 04:34 PM.

Anyway, what about the metalcloak dog legged Tre? A guy reviewing them says they fit his 15s? Anyone have experience with that or similar?

Quote Originally Posted by supercell View Post
    Anyway, what about the metalcloak dog legged Tre? A guy reviewing them says they fit his 15s? Anyone have experience with that or similar?
    seemed like they had some issues early on. but, lately i haven't seen many problems.

you might want to contact exodus jeeps. bubba is a sponsor on here and he builds Tie rods. he might be able to build a tie rod with ends that fit your requirements.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast