Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hello from Vancouver, Wa!

Quote Originally Posted by Abntroop View Post
    Best...commute...home...yet!! Had slightly forgotten just how good the JK is stripped down.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I miss those days. A few more months here before we can do that.

2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Hello from Vancouver, Wa!

Halfway done installing the new highline fenders on the Wampa, gonna need bigger shoes!! IMG_6252.jpgIMG_6254.jpg

Matthew Nicholas
    The Wampa- 16’ JK Rubicon Hard Rock
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the RECOMMENDED-Jeep-Parts-amp-Accessories section of this forum will help support this forum and at no cost to you.

Matthew Nicholas
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the RECOMMENDED-Jeep-Parts-amp-Accessories section of this forum will help support this forum and at no cost to you.

I can understand why a lot of folks don’t care for these fenders, it’s certainly a different look. I wasn’t keen on the flat fender look. I like the way these keep things relatively OEM. And being a short chubby guy I wasn’t keen on a big lift. Figured these would fit the bill for a low center of gravity build. Next is to start saving for a regear, big brake, and 37’s.

Trimming the fender liners would’ve been easier if all my tools weren’t sitting in a POD in Reno though had to hunt around and found the wife’s pruning shears. Took some time and patience but they got the job done. I’m impressed with the sturdiness of these fenders and they were not difficult to swap out. Took about 3hrs from start to finish. Only one more week then off to Carson City we come! Looking forward to the move.

Last edited by Abntroop; 05-17-2019 at 03:10 PM.
    Matthew Nicholas

Well day three in Reno at our rented apt and just got back from putting an offer in on a house in Dayton. Got a killer shop! Fingers crossed it goes through!

Matthew Nicholas

Quote Originally Posted by Abntroop View Post
    Well day three in Reno at our rented apt and just got back from putting an offer in on a house in Dayton. Got a killer shop! Fingers crossed it goes through!

Well, it’s been a bit of a rollercoaster ride. We put that offer in on the property out in Dayton with the big shops. Owner verbally accepted the offer then renigged the following day before signing as he had another buyer who’s financing had fallen through before our offer, but the guy wanted another shot and they had enough of a rapport evidently that the seller wanted to give him another shot. So we got sidelined this last week waiting to see if the dude could get his money together which he did. Bummer. Found out beginning of this week. So back on the hunt. Found a place Tuesday with a shop in Carson proper right up the road from prison hill. put in an offer and it got accepted and signed today. Now to get the money and inspections side squared away but otherwise hopefully we’ll be moving in at the end of the month. Been years since Laurie and I have done the apartment life and can’t get back out of it soon enough. I figure we either have a centaur or a Clydesdale living upstairs, a topic which has been debated heavily the last few days plus I’d like to get my tools back. Haven’t jacked the rig back up to check the wheel spacer torques since before leaving Wa, my paranoia is kicking in. Keep waiting to stop at a light and watch a wheel keep going. Will be glad when it’s new wheel and bigger tire time.

Last edited by Abntroop; 06-08-2019 at 02:57 AM.
    Matthew Nicholas

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234