Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Overland TJ Build ideas

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    And these are our lovely lawmakers....
    Warthogs I could understand...

Quote Originally Posted by Brute View Post
    Thatís odd...I guess theyíve never seen a bear in a tree before?
    Yep. When they turned us away in a park in New Mexico 2 years ago for ground camping I thought theses people are some kind of special. But anyway the tent on the trailer works well for the family

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

IMG_1768.JPG

Maiden voyage with the kayaks today. Towed amazing, barely knew it was back there. Definitely want to extend the tongue at least a couple feet to center the yaks and making backing easier.

Quote Originally Posted by dustinfromohio View Post
    IMG_1768.JPG

Maiden voyage with the kayaks today. Towed amazing, barely knew it was back there. Definitely want to extend the tongue at least a couple feet to center the yaks and making backing easier.
    Very cool. I'd love to pick up a little trailer like that. 👍

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

Been Around the Block PokerStogey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dustinfromohio View Post
    IMG_1768.JPG

Iím a big fan of extending that little stubby... not only moves around better, but I am able to access the cargo area while attached. Big plus on a long road trip.
    IMG_6999.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by BaddestCross View Post
    Very cool. I'd love to pick up a little trailer like that.

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Iím loving mine so far. Wheels are already turning for a tear down and rebuild this winter.

Fresh Catch

Curious

I'm curious on which way you went for travels. Personally since I am out in Oregon a small tent trailer could be perfect option. With all those miles an occasional BnB or hotel stay would be a welcome break We have put some long highway miles on our TJ and found it not so bad even traveling at 70, a little noisy with a soft top. Never had the death wobble issue I hear of so much. You mentioned Moab, one of our favorite spots and even a stock TJ does fine on the easier trails, ours has 31 10.50 15's and never an issue on slick rock. Again I don't push the stock limits. Hope you have had some fun already!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    I'm curious on which way you went for travels. Personally since I am out in Oregon a small tent trailer could be perfect option. With all those miles an occasional BnB or hotel stay would be a welcome break We have put some long highway miles on our TJ and found it not so bad even traveling at 70, a little noisy with a soft top. Never had the death wobble issue I hear of so much. You mentioned Moab, one of our favorite spots and even a stock TJ does fine on the easier trails, ours has 31 10.50 15's and never an issue on slick rock. Again I don't push the stock limits. Hope you have had some fun already!
    We did a shake down run to New River Gorge, Wv last month (5ish hours away) and overall the combo did fantastic! The trailer was loaded down with firewood, camp gear, and kayaks (800ish lbs total) and the Jeep pulled just fine on freeways and switchbacks. However with windows down on the freeway I only averaged 15 mpg so AC recharge is a must do and I had to downshift on most inclines which isnít a big deal but Iím still keeping my eye out for 4.10s. Definitely need to upgrade shocks to smooth out the ride and rebuild the trailer this winter. Being realistic, I have a ton of work to do on both platforms before they are anywhere close to ready for cross country travels but thatís half the fun.
    IMG_2076.jpg
    We ended up renting an A frame instead of tent camping because the GF is 6 months pregnant.
    IMG_7222.jpgIMG_2083.jpgIMG_2074.jpg

Next trip will be the Daniel Boone Backcounty Byway over Labor Day weekend!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123