PSC big bore box and pump

JBF

A friend of mine runs that setup in his 4dr with a hemi swap and enjoys it. He said it doesn't quite have the power of hydro assist, but makes it much easier to turn his 37s on the rocks.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Anyone installed and running the PSC big bore box, PSC high flow pump with remote Rez and anti slosh valve? I would love your input and pics of the set up ...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I don't have the pump and res, but when you install the actual steering gear, pull your coolant reservoir and drop it down from above. That thing is a heavy beast and trying to horse it up from below is a nightmare.

Also order the swepco flush kit and fluids since you are going that far. As far as the pump and res, I am will be doing those sometime this year. They're not needed for 37's but I do want to have the extra power long term.

Hope this helps

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I don't have the pump and res, but when you install the actual steering gear, pull your coolant reservoir and drop it down from above. That thing is a heavy beast and trying to horse it up from below is a nightmare.

Also order the swepco flush kit and fluids since you are going that far. As far as the pump and res, I am will be doing those sometime this year. They're not needed for 37's but I do want to have the extra power long term.

Hope this helps

Interesting. I went from below and it was no fun. Curious how much easier it would be from above.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Interesting. I went from below and it was no fun. Curious how much easier it would be from above.

Pretty simple, put a strap on it and lower it down. Have someone else below to guide it in place. I went from below and was struggling. Stopped and reassessed and came from above and had it in in about 30 minutes. It’s just too big and heavy to push up with out contorted it in a dozen angles.

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
I did whole hog so to speak. Took a couple of days for me with work and everything getting in the way.

As for the Big Box...I was able to get it in from below... As stated it's a real bitch to do. I also had someone there to help slide the bolts in.

I'll see if I have some pics from when I did the install.

Last edited:

maskale

did mine a few weeks ago. nothing to it, just a matter of doing it. easier if you pull driver tire and inner fender. Box weighs 50lbs. I picked up from the bottom, installed pitman arm on the bench.

IMG-0604.jpg

left to right. stock size hydro box, 1st gen big bore, 2nd gen big bore hydro < get this one, only $100 than the first one.

IMG-0607.jpg

IMG-0610.jpg

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
did mine a few weeks ago. nothing to it, just a matter of doing it. easier if you pull driver tire and inner fender. Box weighs 50lbs. I picked up from the bottom, installed pitman arm on the bench.

IMG-0604.jpg

left to right. stock size hydro box, 1st gen big bore, 2nd gen big bore hydro < get this one, only $100 than the first one.

IMG-0607.jpg

IMG-0610.jpg

What are you doing with that stock hydro box? Lol

jsukey

I'm running a hybrid of the RNR and the PSC. Lots of people have been asking where I installed the anti-splash vent. There is a great spot on the fender, right behind the battery. Here is a pic of my setup.
image1.jpg

Ddays

Hooked
I get some out of that vent once in a while, if the Jeep gets angled more than usual.

So the vent hose that comes out of the reservoir is routed through that anti-splash vent? Nice. More stupid shit to buy. :crazyeyes:

Edit: I just googled that & found it on PSC's site. Interesting.

Top Bottom