Beeping from rear speaker

desertrunner

So my wife is out with her friend right now, she has a 18JK that she hit the auto start to warm it up. When they walked out there was a beeping coming from the rear driver's side speaker. It's a three beep then pause then three beep again.
It stays on even when she turns the Jeep off, it doesn't matter if it's in drive or park or reverse it won't turn off.

I told her to pull the lead from the battery to reset it to see if it goes away but I have never heard of that issue before has anyone had this happen?

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Coop

Caught the Bug
You asked your wife to pull the battery lead?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

desertrunner

No I told her to tell her friend that if the beeping won't stop that's what I would do. I don't know if either of them are going to try that or not, I know my wife wouldn't but I don't know her friends level of knowledge

Coop

Caught the Bug
Should work if it can be a reset issue. Haven’t heard of the beeping issue. Don’t remember reading that in the manual. I’d lift the battery lead for at least several minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

desertrunner

Hahahaha ok they figured it out.... Completely unrelated to the jeep....

So apparently my wife's friend's dad had built her a little car kit tool bag which they got into to try and loosen the battery lead.

Turns out there was a smoke detector in the tool bag she didn't know was there and the batteries were low.

She was quite embarrassed.... I can't stop laughing

jeeeep

Hooked
that's funny :cheesy:

but good they didn't try to pull the ground given that the JL has that 2nd battery.

From what I've read, not only do you need to disconnect the ground at the battery but also on the fender well for the 2nd battery or you could cause more damage (??)

I'm still searching for actual fact on the battery setup.

Top Bottom