DIY Beadlock Water Removal

jesse3638

Hooked
With all the "odd" threads going on about DIY I figured I'd try to post something helpful I discovered. After my step son decided to bomb some mud puddles last week in the jeep while picking up his brother from school, needless to say it need at the very least a rinse. After I was finished I had water remaining in my wheels. Rather than take hours to drill holes iny perfectly good wheel I found a quick and easy trick outlined below.

Water remaining in wheel after rinsing the Jeep
IMAG2898.jpg

Chamois AKA Absorber used for drying the jeep after a wash.
IMAG2899.jpg

Place chamois into the wheel where the water is. I'm weird and try not to let it drip down the tire. As you can see I failed this time.
IMAG2900.jpg

A completely dry chamois will soak up most of the water. Once full wring it out.
IMAG2901.jpg

Finish wiping out the wheel and ensure all water is removed.
IMAG2903.jpg

Viola! No mas agua!
IMAG2904.jpg

I hope this helps to save someone the trouble of feeling the need to drill drain holes to remove this pesky water. I have a couple other methods I plan on experimenting with, compressed air, shop-vac on both suck and blow. I'll be sure to post a write on those as well. If I have water end up in my B-Pillar I'll also show how to remove that with out removing the entire B-Pillar.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Wow. I would have never thought a solution could be this easy. Someone should have thought of something like this decades ago.

TrailHunter

Hooked
I've done this while drying the whole jeep. Works wonders for getting all that water that hides waiting to unleash it's fury once you hit 25+ mph.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Lol exactly... I also use it for interior... open all the doors, pull the cabin filters, blast the ac, put it over the vent and blow out the ac ducts, then blow out the whole Jeep... Great tool to have for detailing.

Love it! By the way the shop vac works great too. I usually just use the vacuum at the car wash while I’m there. Most are rated wet/dry so I don’t worry too much. Sure beats fuckin up a perfectly good wheel.

JAGS

Hooked
Will you be doing a video. It would be helpful. Also, will a Cham wow pick up the water 20% faster or do you think that is overkill for the type of water you encounter. Also, if you were have a second chamois on the outside of the tire while the first one was being used, could that absorb the overflow before hitting the tire and more importantly, the ground. Sorry for all the questions. I just want to buy once and do it right.

Top Bottom