Got laid off....

longarmwj

Looks like the government shut down has started to effect state level organizations. I worked as an account manager for the largest university in the state of Georgia, which received not only state funding but federal funding. With the government shut down the federal funding has stopped and the state funding has been restricted. I came into the office this morning (we start quite early) to learn that mine and 18 other people’s positions have been laid off indefinitely.

Yay government.....

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

dillard09

Man so sorry to hear that. Keep your head up. When one door shuts another door will open. New chapter. Best of luck to you!

WJCO

Meme King
That sucks, man. Hope you're able to find something else quickly that works for you.

98XJ06LJ

Sorry to hear, hopefully those worthless politicians in Washington will do their jobs soon and get things going again.

Completely ridiculous that a government shut down seems to have become a part of the annual budget process.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using WAYALIFE mobile app

That sucks! I’ve got a few friends that are in the same boat and it’s bullshit. The government that’s supposed to be working for us, is literally starving us. Stupid.

Ddays

Hooked
This i such nonsense. I can't stand politics. Sorry to hear that - hope it all works out for you quickly :thumb:

longarmwj

Thanks y’all. That’s why i came here. I knew that I could get some encouraging words from my Wayalife family. It’s quite discouraging but it is what it is

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Sorry to hear this, I’m sure you’ll land on your feet!
I think the whole government shutdown procedure is bass ackwards: instead of not paying citizens and shutting down all payments, they elected officials offices should shut down and their pay stopped until they come up with a solution. It’s literally THEIR fault that the budget hasn’t been dealt with, not ours.

USMC Wrangler

Looks like the government shut down has started to effect state level organizations. I worked as an account manager for the largest university in the state of Georgia, which received not only state funding but federal funding. With the government shut down the federal funding has stopped and the state funding has been restricted. I came into the office this morning (we start quite early) to learn that mine and 18 other people’s positions have been laid off indefinitely.

Yay government.....

I’m really sorry to hear this and hope it works out for you in a better way somehow. I am a federal employee currently furloughed but required to report to work. Thankfully we have protections in place that we’ve learned of in my 22 years working for the fed. We can sustain this for a few months, but after that I don’t know. Not looking for sympathy, just in a similar boat. I truly wish the best for you! It does piss me off that our pay is the bargaining chip while the legislators get paid for not legislating.

Sorry to hear this, I’m sure you’ll land on your feet!
I think the whole government shutdown procedure is bass ackwards: instead of not paying citizens and shutting down all payments, they elected officials offices should shut down and their pay stopped until they come up with a solution. It’s literally THEIR fault that the budget hasn’t been dealt with, not ours.

This!!! ^^^^^

In 5 years, 11 months I’m eligible to retire and will be doing that. The plan is to supplement my pension with a non-gov job.

Top Bottom