TJ problems!!

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
So a friend of mine brought over his 2004 Jeep Wrangler sport wanting to figure out what’s wrong with it. So basically the Jeep won’t shift. It will start up just fine. And you can drive it up to 30 mph but won’t shift from first to second. It’s also an automatic trans. So my father n law put it on his computer and it showed the car was totally fine. No codes no engine lights. It just won’t shift by itself. And they only way he can make it shift by itself is if he drives in revers. Then he can feel the Jeep go from first to second. Don’t really know what’s going on.. he also said all the fluids are fine. Trans fluid is full. So if you guys may know what’s going on or if it’s happened to you I would love to hear any comments or suggestions to figure what’s wrong. Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

monstrousmac

Caught the Bug
look underneath the Jeep on driver's side by the transmission. You will see the shifting cable that connects to a plastic piece that connects to the transmission. That piece gets old and brittle. I had the same problem with my LJ, that little plastic piece cost me .99 cents at the dealership.

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
Yeah I thought that sounded weird too.. he had the Jeep on a trailer when he brought it over. So we didn’t try to drive it. I’ll let him know to look at the linkage cables underneath.

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
Yes I know. So my father n law was helping our neighbor with his Jeep and so I wasn’t the one to do much just hung out with them as they were using the diagnostic computer to see what was wrong. He ended up taking the cat off replace it with a new one an tat some how fixed his problem. Doesn’t sound relevant to the problem he had. But I’m just getting info from my father n law ahaha.

Top Bottom