Magnaflow Too Loud

bhaner

With my build I ended up with a Magnaflow 17143 "performance" exhaust.

It fit nice and solved the issue with removing the factory muffler to make room for the EvoLever rear suspension.

It sounds like a rice rocket and has a bad drone at highway speeds.

I need to find a better solution or change this one to make it more quiet.

Ideas?

Sharkey

Word Ninja

bhaner

Just put the factory resonator back in. It really tempers the loudness and drone out. It is almost a direct fit from straight section manga sent.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

That is worth a shot! Thanks for the idea!

I hate replacing new parts... I have no idea who thought this kit would sound good...

A.J.

I had the magna and felt the same way. Cut it off and put in a 30”glass pack. Old school but it sounds just right and slides right over the rocks. Cheap to replace if I do kill it someday.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Benito

Caught the Bug
With my build I ended up with a Magnaflow 17143 "performance" exhaust.

It fit nice and solved the issue with removing the factory muffler to make room for the EvoLever rear suspension.

It sounds like a rice rocket and has a bad drone at highway speeds.

I need to find a better solution or change this one to make it more quiet.

Ideas?

I’ve run this exhaust as it was sold on my ‘13 and ran into the same issues. I had it chopped up and reused the dump and most of the pipe and cut in the bullet resonator and muffler from the dynomax quiet crawler system that shark posted. When I got my ‘17, I had an exhaust shop cut the stock exhaust after the resonator, had the magnaflow muffler installed behind the stock resonator and had it dump before the axle. It doesn’t drone as much and it is a bit quieter. You could try this before buying a whole bunch of new parts if you still have your stock resonator laying around.

bhaner

I’ve run this exhaust as it was sold on my ‘13 and ran into the same issues. I had it chopped up and reused the dump and most of the pipe and cut in the bullet resonator and muffler from the dynomax quiet crawler system that shark posted. When I got my ‘17, I had an exhaust shop cut the stock exhaust after the resonator, had the magnaflow muffler installed behind the stock resonator and had it dump before the axle. It doesn’t drone as much and it is a bit quieter. You could try this before buying a whole bunch of new parts if you still have your stock resonator laying around.

Yep. Thanks! I think I will give this a shot before I order up the other stuff.

JES

Yep. Thanks! I think I will give this a shot before I order up the other stuff.
I did this very same thing. I used the tailpipe from the magnaflow, then chopped the intermediate pipe and added in the quieter crawler muffler and bullet for resonator. I'm much happier with this setup. Sounds good, no drone.

Sent from my SM-G920P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom