2019 Drummond Island July 31, 2019 - August 4, 2019

wjtstudios

Hooked
2019 is here and its time to start planning the summer runs. It looks like the run to Drummond Island this year will be July 31, 2019 thru August 4, 2019. For those of you that didn't make it last year, we had an Epic long weekend of running beautiful and some challenging trails and making life long friends.

P1150043.jpg

Like last year, the plan will be to arrive on Wednesday onto the island and get settled. My group as well as many other will be staying at the Drummond Island Resort. It is great rustic resort that is quite reasonable and will also be the kick off point for the trail runs as the main trail head is across the street from the resort. There are also campgrounds there locally if you would prefer. There might be a night run or two, but the main trail days will be Thursday, Friday, and Saturday we will go back to Turtle Creek, which was one of my favorite runs of last year. We only covered about two thirds of the trails last year, so there will be plenty of new trails to explore along with the beautiful Marble Head loop. We will be on our own for food, so bring what you need. There are a couple of restaurants there on the island for Breakfast and Dinners. Lunches will be on the trail so pack food. Below is the information for the resort. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Recommended Gear:

CB Radio, I run both CB as well as GMRS

Recovery Gear

Food and drinks

appropriate gear for the weather

Lodging:

The Drummond Island Resort
www.Drummondisland.com
33494 S Maxton Rd, Drummond, MI 49726
906-493-1000
thelodge@drummondisland.com

Please post up the following:

1) your jeeps info
2) where you will be staying
3) you timing, if you think it may be different that the 31st-4

So far we tentatively have the following:

1) wjtstudios (Bill) JKUR
2) JimR JKUR
3) Cole LJ
4)nbunga
5)JKbrick
6)Ddays
7)19YJ94
8)lketj03
9)Arrcherr
10)Rst8rox
11)a_aron
12) weebz +1
13)
14)
15)
16)

The maybe list:
1) Chris1015
2)VeruGE#44
3)Fury22
4)

Attachments

• DSC_0069.jpg
    DSC_0069.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 317
Last edited:

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
You can put me on the maybe list. Depending on my wife’s school schedule, we might be able to make it from Friday thru Sunday. I’ll keep you posted once we get closer to those dates.

Rst8rox

You can count me in!!!! Staying at the my family’s place the 31st-4th.... My jeep is a 98 6.0l Tj on tons w/ORI’s and 40’s. IMG_2183.jpg
IMG_2317.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

wjtstudios

Hooked
2019 is here and its time to start planning the summer runs. It looks like the run to Drummond Island this year will be July 31, 2019 thru August 4, 2019. For those of you that didn't make it last year, we had an Epic long weekend of running beautiful and some challenging trails and making life long friends.

View attachment 319458

Like last year, the plan will be to arrive on Wednesday onto the island and get settled. My group as well as many other will be staying at the Drummond Island Resort. It is great rustic resort that is quite reasonable and will also be the kick off point for the trail runs as the main trail head is across the street from the resort. There are also campgrounds there locally if you would prefer. There might be a night run or two, but the main trail days will be Thursday, Friday, and Saturday we will go back to Turtle Creek, which was one of my favorite runs of last year. We only covered about two thirds of the trails last year, so there will be plenty of new trails to explore along with the beautiful Marble Head loop. We will be on our own for food, so bring what you need. There are a couple of restaurants there on the island for Breakfast and Dinners. Lunches will be on the trail so pack food. Below is the information for the resort. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Recommended Gear:

CB Radio, I run both CB as well as GMRS

Recovery Gear

Food and drinks

appropriate gear for the weather

Lodging:

The Drummond Island Resort
www.Drummondisland.com
33494 S Maxton Rd, Drummond, MI 49726
906-493-1000
thelodge@drummondisland.com

Please post up the following:

1) your jeeps info
2) where you will be staying
3) you timing, if you think it may be different that the 31st-4

So far we tentatively have the following:

1) wjtstudios (Bill) JKUR
2) JimR JKUR
3) Cole LJ
4)NBunga
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)

The maybe list:
1)
2)
3)
4)

JKbrick

I’m ALL in, my wife and daughter want to ride along this year so I think I’ll rent/borrow a gooseneck and trailer it up this year. We booked our room at the resort last weekend and are leaving the Sunday before. I want to take her past Baldwin and Traverse City on the way up and we are going to Mackinac on Sunday and Monday on the way home. I just have a little orange 2 door
IMG_3678.JPG

nbunga

Caught the Bug
I’m ALL in, my wife and daughter want to ride along this year so I think I’ll rent/borrow a gooseneck and trailer it up this year. We booked our room at the resort last weekend and are leaving the Sunday before. I want to take her past Baldwin and Traverse City on the way up and we are going to Mackinac on Sunday and Monday on the way home. I just have a little orange 2 door
View attachment 319465

I have a feeling you won’t be calling it little for much longer

wjtstudios

Hooked
View attachment 319465

If we can swing it, maybe we can meet up at the dunes before as you guys are working your way up.

Added!

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
Don’t think we can make it this time. We headed to Moab and Ouray Colorado July 12th -July 26th. I’m gonna plan to go on this trip next year.
Subscribing anyway to keep track of the trip.

Ddays

Hooked
Put me down as going. Unsure of the exact day I'll be able to get there - will update as soon as I figure that out. Probably get there Thursday but we'll see. Also not sure what Jeep I'm driving. For now I'll go with Gruff. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Likely staying in the lodge
Jerry
2014 JKU grocery getter

Whole Foods.jpg

Will we be getting dirty? :icon_crazy:

JKbrick

Put me down as going. Unsure of the exact day I'll be able to get there - will update as soon as I figure that out. Probably get there Thursday but we'll see. Also not sure what Jeep I'm driving. For now I'll go with Gruff. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Likely staying in the lodge
Jerry
2014 JKU grocery getter

View attachment 319476

Will we be getting dirty? :icon_crazy:

No it’s just fire roads, bring your brand new one [emoji23], looking forward to meeting you

19YJ94

Caught the Bug
Hmmmm let me think this over, we better have a CAMPFIRE NIGHT! But you all know I am in.

And yes I will have the entire week off, so I would be interested in hitting the dunes if possible.

Top Bottom