Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: VIDEO : JL JOURNAL - How to Install 1350 Drive Shafts on a JL WRANGLER

Another great video as usual. I've been researching drive shafts for my JKU and was looking at Adams and Tom Woods, but now I'll see what's available local to me as an option. Thanks for sharing!

Great video Cindy and Eddie! Thank you for showing how this is all done.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by benatc1 View Post
    Tha is for the recommendation. I'll certainly give them a call when the time comes. I think I remember the post for Moby where you used them.
    Yup, here's the thread in question:
    https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...nt-Drive-Shaft

Paid $369 for a custom shaft and built to my specifications and got it stupid fast. I paid Adam's a stupid $1439 both of Jet's shafts - that over $700 each! I won't say it's a rip off being that they were able to help me out in a pinch but it's hardly what I'd call a deal. It always makes me laugh when I see people who only buy based on brand name.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepDad17 View Post
    Another great video as usual. I've been researching drive shafts for my JKU and was looking at Adams and Tom Woods, but now I'll see what's available local to me as an option. Thanks for sharing!
    As I always recommend, look for a local shop first. If you play with your Jeep, you will use them again and again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear_JKU View Post
    Great video Cindy and Eddie! Thank you for showing how this is all done.
    You bet. We love helping people to learn how to help themselves.

Nothing but a Thing Honor2afault's Avatar
    As always, you have provided a remarkable amount of detail and information, not to mention the great video work. I have gotten great use and knowledge from you in all things jeep. Thank you & Cindy.
    That you provide pros, cons and your personal preferences for the upgrades you make to all of your family of jeeps makes a world of difference for those, such as myself, that is always looking to increase our knowledge base. Again, Thank you and Cindy for all you do for the community and YouTube viewers.
    Courtesy is given. Respect is Earned.

Good video, and per usual.

This video was for the JL but seems very similar to what I gather is done for a JK. Is there anything procedure wise that would be different on a JK?

I noticed when you checked the pinion nut rotational torque you had the tires on, I've read elsewhere you get better reading with the wheels off or even with the shafts removed. What's your take on that?

Another well made, informative video. Watching you beat on your fuel tank with a four-pounder reminded me how satisfying it is to beat on something with the BFH...

Any tips on how to measure for a custom shaft length relative to your lift?

VIDEO : JL JOURNAL - How to Install 1350 Drive Shafts on a JL WRANGLER

Can’t speak for all drivelines, but when I ordered my Adams drivelines, they asked for a measurement to build it properly. Here’s a rear example:
    649BFC8B-0694-4F2A-A030-B275BADDF7FF-9031-00000B2D4E0267C8.jpg

And front:
    6D82C66C-EF81-4BE4-854A-6C9471EBD8DA-9031-00000B2E69482A0D.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Honor2afault View Post
    As always, you have provided a remarkable amount of detail and information, not to mention the great video work. I have gotten great use and knowledge from you in all things jeep. Thank you & Cindy.
    That you provide pros, cons and your personal preferences for the upgrades you make to all of your family of jeeps makes a world of difference for those, such as myself, that is always looking to increase our knowledge base. Again, Thank you and Cindy for all you do for the community and YouTube viewers.
    Well, we really do appreciate you saying as much. In spite of what some seem to think, we're not in the business of trying to push products but rather, just want to help others where we can. We really do hope that videos like this can help them to save some money and learn a thing or two along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by rubiDave View Post
    Good video, and per usual.

This video was for the JL but seems very similar to what I gather is done for a JK. Is there anything procedure wise that would be different on a JK?

I noticed when you checked the pinion nut rotational torque you had the tires on, I've read elsewhere you get better reading with the wheels off or even with the shafts removed. What's your take on that?
    I'm not trying to setup gears, I'm just trying to find where things are at so that I can get back to that point later. Most people and even shops don't even do that much. It's just an extra step I like to do for my own peace of mind.

Oh, the install on a JK is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Brute View Post
    Another well made, informative video. Watching you beat on your fuel tank with a four-pounder reminded me how satisfying it is to beat on something with the BFH...

Any tips on how to measure for a custom shaft length relative to your lift?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruvicon View Post
    Can’t speak for all drivelines, but when I ordered my Adams drivelines, they asked for a measurement to build it properly. Here’s a rear example:

And front:
    This ^^^^ is what Adam's will need. Most shops will want something similar or the same. If you're running yokes as opposed to flanges, it'll be a bit different but similar. The biggest difference will be in how much you get charged.

Wow! That was a great video and you make it all look so painless. I do have a question about the control arms. Those JJ have the nipple for grease. I noticed you mounted both sides with the nipple up (I presume for ease of service). Does a half turn make enough difference that you would ever run nipple down (notwithstanding the greasing difficulty) to get a more even pinion/driveshaft angle?
    Last edited by Sharkey; 01-23-2019 at 07:55 PM.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast