Hello from Florida

CFLJeeper

Good Evening All,

I registered a long time ago but haven't introduced myself. I'm down here in sunny west coast Florida, I bought my first Jeep in May of 2017. It was a brand new 2017 JKU sport. Got the wheeling bug when I lived in Northern Va, at the time I had an R50 pathfinder that I lifted a couple of inches and beat the snot out of at Rausch Creek, The Cove, etc. Since I bought the Jeep I've put on the Mopar 2" lift with front driveshaft and fox shocks(yes, hindsight is 20/20 and although it works really well, I realize i could have saved some money but was paranoid about the warranty..), full RE skids, poison spyder front and rear diff covers, OME stabilizer and relocation, a killer custom self installed sound system, 33's, and too many misc things to mention. I took it up to Windrock last March, and this March I am making the trek back up to Virginia to wheel at The Cove Campground in Gore Va (my happy place). My build has been predicated on two main things, reliability, and function. Even with the stereo system, I made sure that I lost minimal cargo capacity, and that if I got water in the floorboards I wouldn't take out the stereo. I also followed my philosophy of armor first, followed by lift. I don't mind getting stuck, but I do mind not being able to drive home.

Future plans: Swap the Dana 30 for a built Dana 44, re-gear to 4.56 or 4.88, and ultimately make up my mind on a damn front and rear bumper setup. It will be my daily driver as well as trail rig for the next 3-4 years, so reliability and durability are paramount for the next few years. Bigger lift and tires just mean that I'll try stupider things, lol!

I do have one question if anyone here knows the answer, I've got a set of teraflex rear shock relocation brackets, but I'm concerned about up-travel of the rear shocks once they are installed. I've been told on another forum that it should be okay, but logic is telling me if I reduce the shock length at resting height by 2", I will probably run into issues.....

At any rate, hello, and I look forward to reading more on this page and contributing where I can.

IMG_0553.jpg
IMG_0500.jpg

-CFLJeeper

Last edited:
Top Bottom