Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Painting the Coil Springs

Hooked

Painting the Coil Springs

Soon I am going to install a Rancho 2 in lift on my White JLUR. I am thinking that I want the coil springs to be red like the front hooks. Have anyone done this? Got picture of your Jeep with red coil springs? I was thinking of powder coating them, or using farm implement spray paint.

Don’t paint them have them powder coated more durable. Eventually the paint will crack or chip.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    2016 JKU

We painted the coils on both our jeeps. I did the WJ twice because I got a second set of different springs years later. The first time, although I prepped them well, I used no clear coat and they flaked and chipped a lot. The second time, I put on 2 coats of clear coat and surprisingly, it's held up well. Same with my wife's Jeep, clear coat has protected pretty well.

If you don't mind the time and money for powder coating, that would definitely be the way to go.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Do a google search for “Jeep JK red springs”. There are quite a few pictures of what you are looking for. As already mentioned, powder coat them. And make sure that you talk to the shop about their process. Make sure they use as low of a temp as possible for curing/baking the powder coat so that the springs aren’t affected by the heat.

Rancho doesn't do red springs anymore?

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

Painting the Coil Springs

I had my EVO springs painted

Image1548609684.073132.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Knows a Thing or Two MericaMade's Avatar
    Powercoated my buddies Evo Coils Red and it looks great.Screenshot_20190127-104616_Photos.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    2017 Rubicon JKU -- EVO Enforcer 3 inch stage 3 with draglink flipkit -- King 2.5 Resi's -- Method Beadlocks -- 37 BFG KM2 -- GenRight Front/Rear bumper and Tire Carrier -- Adams 1350 shafts -- still going

Knows a Thing or Two MericaMade's Avatar
    Here is a rear shot.20190127_121148.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    2017 Rubicon JKU -- EVO Enforcer 3 inch stage 3 with draglink flipkit -- King 2.5 Resi's -- Method Beadlocks -- 37 BFG KM2 -- GenRight Front/Rear bumper and Tire Carrier -- Adams 1350 shafts -- still going

Honestly I'm not a fan of any other color coils than black. I think most colored ones look rough after some time. The only colored coils I like are King Blue on coilovers..😉

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hooked
    Yeah after looking at some done in red, I think I will stay with the black. I got to looking at the red one on my sxs and they have not aged well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast