Painting the Coil Springs

wibornz

Soon I am going to install a Rancho 2 in lift on my White JLUR. I am thinking that I want the coil springs to be red like the front hooks. Have anyone done this? Got picture of your Jeep with red coil springs? I was thinking of powder coating them, or using farm implement spray paint.

WJCO

Meme King
We painted the coils on both our jeeps. I did the WJ twice because I got a second set of different springs years later. The first time, although I prepped them well, I used no clear coat and they flaked and chipped a lot. The second time, I put on 2 coats of clear coat and surprisingly, it's held up well. Same with my wife's Jeep, clear coat has protected pretty well.

If you don't mind the time and money for powder coating, that would definitely be the way to go.

SLO

Do a google search for “Jeep JK red springs”. There are quite a few pictures of what you are looking for. As already mentioned, powder coat them. And make sure that you talk to the shop about their process. Make sure they use as low of a temp as possible for curing/baking the powder coat so that the springs aren’t affected by the heat.

jesse3638

Hooked
Honestly I'm not a fan of any other color coils than black. I think most colored ones look rough after some time. The only colored coils I like are King Blue on coilovers..😉

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wibornz

Yeah after looking at some done in red, I think I will stay with the black. I got to looking at the red one on my sxs and they have not aged well.

SLO

jesse3638;1109486The only colored coils I like are King Blue on coilovers..[emoji6 said:
Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app
And that’s mostly because when you see blue coils over King shocks, you know it’s a badass kit. I think it’s more association that anything.

Top Bottom