Thread: Front rock guard JL

Front rock guard JL

IMG_0721.jpgIMG_0722.jpg

Do they make a rock guard that will simply bolt to where part of factory bumper use to mount?

Observe two frame holes with threads. I need something which I could bolt there which would help protect sway bar disconnect motor.

Im sorry it's upside down. It transferred to this post that way

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRubicon View Post

Im sorry it's upside down. It transferred to this post that way
    Just pm brute. He can help you out with those photos.

Doesn't the factory steel bumper come with a steel skid plate that mounts there? I don't have mine yet or I'd be able to tell you for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    Doesn't the factory steel bumper come with a steel skid plate that mounts there? I don't have mine yet or I'd be able to tell you for sure.
    I didn't have Steel bumper. A plastic guard was there that completely covered SB disc. But I want something steel. Seems like it would be something easy to make for those with a fab shop. Holes in frame are there with threads just asking to have something bolted there.

Quote Originally Posted by nbunga View Post
    Just pm brute. He can help you out with those photos.
    Thanks...I took your advice.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRubicon View Post
    I didn't have Steel bumper. A plastic guard was there that completely covered SB disc. But I want something steel. Seems like it would be something easy to make for those with a fab shop. Holes in frame are there with threads just asking to have something bolted there.
    Hence why I said the factory steel bumper comes with one. Might want to try and pick up a factory takeoff or even price a new one from Quadratec or such as it will bolt up where the factory holes are. Might be missing the nutserts required to accept the bolts so you might have to pick those up at the dealer though.

Edit: Might want to hit up Doubletapdatty over on the JLWrangler.com website. This bar might be what you're looking for. Not sure if it comes with the LOD bumper he's running but maybe ask him...Post #9 on this thread: https://jlwrangler.com/showthread.php?2782-dixonk-JLUR

LOD.jpg
    Last edited by Ddays; 01-27-2019 at 10:06 PM.

I am having one fabricated using 3/16" steel by a customer of mine. I will post when complete if Wayalife is okay with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    Edit: Might want to hit up Doubletapdatty over on the JLWrangler.com website. This bar might be what you're looking for. Not sure if it comes with the LOD bumper he's running but maybe ask him...Post #9 on this thread: https://jlwrangler.com/showthread.php?2782-dixonk-JLUR

LOD.jpg
    That is the crash bar/crossmember that came with the LOD JL DESTROYER SERIES SKIDPLATE. I like the look of just the crossmember rather than the whole skid plate.

Screenshot_20190203-224149_Drive.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy View Post
    That is the crash bar/crossmember that came with the LOD JL DESTROYER SERIES SKIDPLATE. I like the look of just the crossmember rather than the whole skid plate.

Screenshot_20190203-224149_Drive.jpg
    That cross member looks pretty thin to me. I don't see thickness for No 2. Looks like I could dent it with a swift kick.
    Piece I am having fabricated is 3/16" steel and will completely cover the front and bottom of sway bar disconnect motor/servo. Also will have 2 separate bends which adds strength.

Nice Jeep btw...!!