Front rock guard JL

BlueRubicon

Caught the Bug
IMG_0721.jpg IMG_0722.jpg

Do they make a rock guard that will simply bolt to where part of factory bumper use to mount?

Observe two frame holes with threads. I need something which I could bolt there which would help protect sway bar disconnect motor.

Im sorry it's upside down. It transferred to this post that way

Ddays

Hooked
Doesn't the factory steel bumper come with a steel skid plate that mounts there? I don't have mine yet or I'd be able to tell you for sure.

BlueRubicon

Caught the Bug
Doesn't the factory steel bumper come with a steel skid plate that mounts there? I don't have mine yet or I'd be able to tell you for sure.

I didn't have Steel bumper. A plastic guard was there that completely covered SB disc. But I want something steel. Seems like it would be something easy to make for those with a fab shop. Holes in frame are there with threads just asking to have something bolted there.

Ddays

Hooked
I didn't have Steel bumper. A plastic guard was there that completely covered SB disc. But I want something steel. Seems like it would be something easy to make for those with a fab shop. Holes in frame are there with threads just asking to have something bolted there.

Hence why I said the factory steel bumper comes with one. Might want to try and pick up a factory takeoff or even price a new one from Quadratec or such as it will bolt up where the factory holes are. Might be missing the nutserts required to accept the bolts so you might have to pick those up at the dealer though.

Edit: Might want to hit up Doubletapdatty over on the JLWrangler.com website. This bar might be what you're looking for. Not sure if it comes with the LOD bumper he's running but maybe ask him...Post #9 on this thread: https://jlwrangler.com/showthread.php?2782-dixonk-JLUR

LOD.jpg

Last edited:

BlueRubicon

Caught the Bug
I am having one fabricated using 3/16" steel by a customer of mine. I will post when complete if Wayalife is okay with it.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug

BlueRubicon

Caught the Bug
That is the crash bar/crossmember that came with the LOD JL DESTROYER SERIES SKIDPLATE. I like the look of just the crossmember rather than the whole skid plate.

View attachment 320294

That cross member looks pretty thin to me. I don't see thickness for No 2. Looks like I could dent it with a swift kick.
Piece I am having fabricated is 3/16" steel and will completely cover the front and bottom of sway bar disconnect motor/servo. Also will have 2 separate bends which adds strength.

Nice Jeep btw...!!

Top Bottom