Fan not working error code P0693

mauijim

Well I’ve been trying to figure out why my electric cooling fan isn’t working. I checked the 60 amp fuse and it’s good. I switched the fan relay in the tipm with the cab blower relay cause they’re the same and it works. I then replaced the Engine coolant temperature sensor and still not working. I checked the ground wires to make sure they’re tight and they are. Checked the fusible link from the battery and looked fine. I ran some jumper wires from my battery to the fan plug and nothing . I replaced the fan assembly. Still nothing. I read something about a fan relay behind the drivers headlight but can’t find anything. I did find a relay on the drivers fender by the brake fluid reservoir and googled the part number and says fan relay so I ordered it but haven’t received it yet. I just can’t believe it’s this hard to figure out. I don’t have a volt meter so haven’t been able to check out if there’s a bad wire. I just don’t want to go to the stealership. Anyone ever have this problem?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BaddestCross

Sorry, just reread and saw you said you checked them.

All the parts you've thrown at it already would've bought you a few volt meters. 😎

Do you have the newer fan that is multiple/variable speed? The oddest part to me is that you say you ran wires direct from the battery and it still didn't spin. Or did you not do the same check on the new assembly you bought?

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Last edited:

mauijim

Yes it’s a multi speed fan. My Jeep is a 2012. Ya I haven’t checked the new fan directly from the battery. I’ll have to check that tonight after work. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sinpersx

Hello,
before i have low water in the radiator now fan stoped replaced not working i run DTC and come up with an error
P0480, P0669, P0691 i have checked the fuse it's okay to connect the multimeter to the power connect it gives 12 v ,
how many relays in JK i have 2012 i found one next master cylinder some old model behind the driver headlight plus help
in case want to replace relay can be 2 or only 1 test relay it gives 0.1

Attachments

• DTC.jpg
    DTC.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 6

Sinpersx

if feeding the new fan directly to the battery can run? I'm into an issue if the new fan not working or relay
please help how to check FAN:cry::eek:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Check fuse and relay first. Once you find the relay swap with a known good relay. If if doesn’t kick on with the known good relay and good fuse then check to see if you have power at the fan when it’s commanded on. If you have 12v or a test light illuminates then you need a fan

Top Bottom