Poison spyder crawler front bumper, - quality problems

ebd.other

Hi, I'd like to share my experience purchasing the POISON SPYDER CRAWLER FRONT BUMPER, BRAWLER BAR & TABS, POWDER COATED. I've purchased it from Northridge 4x4 Jan 2019. The fasteners that holds the bumper bolts in place fall off and the bolts are falling into the bumper making it very hard to mount the bumper onto the frame. Disappointing for what is considered high quality brand. Here is a photo. IMG_1903.jpg

TheGrendel

first off welcome.

second, can you provide some more details as to what you are talking about and maybe take some zoomed out pictures and add some arrows in paint or something pointing where you are having issues.

right now i can't tell shit from that photo.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Sometimes things sneaks past quality control, no reason to beat them up about it on an online forum without first contacting the vendor and/or manufacturer. I run several Poison Spyder accessories and I consider them well made.
And I agree with some posts above. I can’t see shit on that picture.
Welcome to WAYALIFE.

Ozzy

Northridge has a great return policy. They shipped me a new bumper before I even sent the old one back. Mine came with a dent. Northridge also gave me a $50 credit on my next purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Vanhalo

Hi, I'd like to share my experience purchasing the POISON SPYDER CRAWLER FRONT BUMPER, BRAWLER BAR & TABS, POWDER COATED. I've purchased it from Northridge 4x4 Jan 2019. The fasteners that holds the bumper bolts in place fall off and the bolts are falling into the bumper making it very hard to mount the bumper onto the frame. Disappointing for what is considered high quality brand. Here is a photo. View attachment 319989

I think the OP is talking about the floating bolt plate. My Bruizer bumper has the same design.

I had issues with it as well. It collapsed and and i had to place some extruded foam behind it to get the bolts to push through the frame mounting flanges.
I was only able to get 3 bolts through on the right side.

I am going to pull the bumper and enlarge the 2x bolt holes on the right side mounting flange and the insert plate they provide.

From PS install instructions:

There are floating bolt plates pre-installed inside
the Bruiser bumper. These bolts interface with the four
large bolt holes on each of the two mounting flanges on
the ends of the Jeep’s frame rails. The bolt plates are
“floating”, that is, they can move around slightly, in order
to accomodate slight variations in the Jeep manufacturing
tolerances. However, this can make it somewhat tedious
to get all 8 mounting bolts started into their corresponding
bolt holes.

I also purchased my PS Bruizer bumper(s) from NR4x4 in their December 10% sale.

Last edited:

A.J.

I think the op came on here playing the keyboard warrior game and throw shade on a manufacturer in hopes of getting some form of restitution for difficulty’s most of us would have just worked out in our own. Just my opinion though.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom