Dashboard Warping??

Bear_JT

Hooked
To be honest, I have no idea if mine has been in for the recall. Bought it used so I guess I need to check.
Is it fixable is what I want to know?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mine is a ‘12, I’m not sure if the ‘15’s had the same recall but it was something with the airbag actuator blowing out debris that could hurt or kill a passenger. Mine moves maybe less than 1/16” when I push it down. Maybe on a hot day this summer I’ll put a heavy object on the plastic to mold it down?

mallavoider

I have the same thing. Brought it in while under warranty and the problem was “fixed”. I used quotes because the problem came up again about 4 months later. When I asked them to change the entire dash, well you guessed it. Out of factory warranty. Mine is also a 15. I learned to deal with it. No cage. Almost forgot. The second time they tried to blame it on the CB mic holder connect to the grab handle above the glove box. Nonsense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
I have the same thing. Brought it in while under warranty and the problem was “fixed”. I used quotes because the problem came up again about 4 months later. When I asked them to change the entire dash, well you guessed it. Out of factory warranty. Mine is also a 15. I learned to deal with it. No cage. Almost forgot. The second time they tried to blame it on the CB mic holder connect to the grab handle above the glove box. Nonsense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That’s funny you say that because I also have the cb holder on the grab handle. Anyway, maybe I’ll wait for a warm day and apply pressure to it.

Jsouder53

Hooked
This is exactly what mine looked like after the dealer did the Pass Side airbag recall. I am still waiting on the dash parts to arrive so they can “fix” it. Parts were ordered 12/21/2018.

I’ve never even worried about it. I’m never in the passenger seat so it doesn’t bother me lol I thought about trying to maybe super glue it down somehow but never got around to it

USMC Wrangler

I’ve never even worried about it. I’m never in the passenger seat so it doesn’t bother me lol I thought about trying to maybe super glue it down somehow but never got around to it

My issue was that it wasn’t like that when I dropped it off. If it happened over time, oh well. It was definitely from their “repair”.

Good news though...going to the dealer Friday to get the parts then they are paying a boat shop I chose to do the repair. They ordered the Pass side dash cover and bezel that goes around the stereo.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Same exact spot! Common issue...figures. Lol!

I’m glad I’m not the only one with that issue! I figured it was from a hot day when I lived in Florida lol

Your probably too young to remember these
View attachment 320046

I suppose I am, I had to look it up lol

My issue was that it wasn’t like that when I dropped it off. If it happened over time, oh well. It was definitely from their “repair”.

Good news though...going to the dealer Friday to get the parts then they are paying a boat shop I chose to do the repair. They ordered the Pass side dash cover and bezel that goes around the stereo.

At least they are paying for the “repair” [emoji106]

Top Bottom