12.50 or 13.50 ??

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Well I waited to long. Cooper STT PRO 37X12.50 just jumped up about $120 ea where I was looking to buy, Now $389.00 And Amazon shows only 4 left at $265 ea. So my question 13.50 is there any pros or cons comparing the two. I can still get the 13.50's for $260. Going to be running Machetes w/3.5 backspace and when I redo the lift going with EVO bolt-on coilovers. Will I have clearance issues with the wider tire? Thanks

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Well with more research I found the 12.50 in the price range I was looking for. Discount Tire. (American Tire). Would still like to hear the feed back on 12.50 vs 13.50.

boardsurfer

Well with more research I found the 12.50 in the price range I was looking for. Discount Tire. (American Tire). Would still like to hear the feed back on 12.50 vs 13.50.

13.50 with Machetes will give you a pretty gnarly stance.

IMG_20180929_115332.jpg

No regrets - although you will tramline on the road a little bit. Not sure if the 12.50 is as bad.

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Nice man . Think we’re going with the same wheel and tire combo . I also ordered to a Discount Tire (Carson in SoCal) and mounting to the machetes from ORE ! Excited to follow your progress

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

ibeb

I went with the 37x12.50's when Discount was having their Black Friday Sales. Got them installed mid-December. I commute about 50 miles round trip with most being on the rutted highway. So far they have done great. I am running 30 psi cold and have had no problems in the recent snow and ice that we have had on the roads here in eastern Washington. I had just a slight rub at full crank, two washers per side on the steering stop fixed that right up for my set up.

Erik

Attachments

• 20181207_180126.jpg
    20181207_180126.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:

desertrunner

I honestly went with the 1350 because they were cheaper haha if I would have found the 1250 for that price when I was in the market I probably would have gone 1250 too. I wasn't a fan of how my old 37x1250 KM2s looked they looked really skinny but the Cooper's look alot wider to me and the 1350s are massive. And with 3.5" backspace my rig is quite wide

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Eroc147

I run the 12.50 with machetes. Haven’t had any issues. I also believe that the 12.50 is D rated and 13.5 is E. Had 35” E rated stt pros, so I’m curious to see if they are much different aired down.

PokerStogey

Sorry to bring this back up, but any cons to the 13.50? Really wanted the 12.50 but missed the boat and can save about $250 if I get the 13.50s... They will be going on a new set of Machetes under a 2016 JKU Rubi... Thanks in advance!

Halfbroseph

Only con and that subject to personal opinion is going to be a stiffer ride. Being load e they are rated for heavier loads then load d. I just went from 35/12.5 Nitto trails (e rated iirc) to the 37/13.5 coopers and they’re fine. Running them at 25lbs currently. I’m running a 2dr as well so you’ll have a little more weight then me.

PokerStogey

Only con and that subject to personal opinion is going to be a stiffer ride. Being load e they are rated for heavier loads then load d. I just went from 35/12.5 Nitto trails (e rated iirc) to the 37/13.5 coopers and they’re fine. Running them at 25lbs currently. I’m running a 2dr as well so you’ll have a little more weight then me.

Thanks man, I appreciate the input.

kyle521

What drives better on road and in the snow? Would it be the 12.5s? I tow a good amount in the winter.

Top Bottom